• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

May Ratings NYC

I dont get how the spanish station beat out wplj in all but the last week that is sad.
WPAT-FM 3.0 2.9 2.9 3.2 Spanish Spanish Broadcasting System
WPLJ-FM 2.4 2.4 2.5 3.1 Hot AC Cumulus Media

I dont get how the spanish station beat out wplj in all but the last week that is sad.
WPAT-FM 3.0 2.9 2.9 3.2 Spanish Spanish Broadcasting System
WPLJ-FM 2.4 2.4 2.5 3.1 Hot AC Cumulus Media

What is "sad" about WPAT-FM getting a 3.2 share? The Hispanic population of the MSA is growing, and now at one-quarter of the population. There are only three significant Spanish language stations serving the part of that group that is bilingual or Spanish dominant. In fact, a Spanish language station is #4 in 6+ in the most recent... and the last 4 books.

The four columns you list are not individual weeks, they are the last 4 books, February, March, April and May. Weeklies are given to subscribers, but they are not released to the public.

WABC dropped to a 1 share.

Nothing on WABC radio I personally want to listen to. Curtis is getting way long in the tooth, Bernie and Sid are, too, well past their expiration-dates, Ben Shapiro, while tremendously smart, has a radio demeanor that makes him difficult to listen to, Mark Levin, also brilliant, however the incessant self-promotion for his books and TV shows and shilling for sponsors makes the show unlistenable for me.

Spanish language WXNY 96.3 (La Mezcla) continues to be one of the lowest rated among the major FM stations, despite hiring some high profile personalities over the past few years. Rival WSKQ 97.9 (La Mega), with similar programming remains near the top of the overall ratings.
This reminds me of 92.3, when it was Amp Radio (and previously 92.3 Now) always having ratings way below rival Z-100.

Hannity and Limbaugh on WOR aren’t lifting the station’s ratings to great highs, or, perhaps, they are merely helping to keep the modest ratings at least on the radar screen.

What is "sad" about WPAT-FM getting a 3.2 share? The Hispanic population of the MSA is growing, and now at one-quarter of the population. There are only three significant Spanish language stations serving the part of that group that is bilingual or Spanish dominant. In fact, a Spanish language station is #4 in 6+ in the most recent... and the last 4 books.

The four columns you list are not individual weeks, they are the last 4 books, February, March, April and May. Weeklies are given to subscribers, but they are not released to the public.

Oh i might have misread it just I think plj should have beat out la mezcla in its last month at least I think youd agree with that at least.

Interesting to see WBLS tie between Lite FM. I think it would also be interesting to see what WCBS-FM does, historically their highest shares have been during the summer.

Interesting to see WBLS tie between Lite FM. I think it would also be interesting to see what WCBS-FM does, historically their highest shares have been during the summer.

WBLS sounds really good right now, lite fm does its thing and I really enjoy the variety they have on their 80s weekends. It's funny, clearly there is a major hole for a breeze soft ac station in New York. 96.3 has horrible ratings and has never competed with WSKQ. Clearly they would be better off with switching to the Breeze format but they are stuck on programming based on language rather than putting on the best format possible. With the way the industry is today, you would think that these owners would go after as much money as possible to be made on each of their signals, but that is clearly not the case, agendas over revenue, not where I'd want to invest my money.

With the way the industry is today, you would think that these owners would go after as much money as possible to be made on each of their signals, but that is clearly not the case, agendas over revenue, not where I'd want to invest my money.

If you're investing in Univision, you know what you're getting.

WBLS sounds really good right now, lite fm does its thing and I really enjoy the variety they have on their 80s weekends. It's funny, clearly there is a major hole for a breeze soft ac station in New York. 96.3 has horrible ratings and has never competed with WSKQ. Clearly they would be better off with switching to the Breeze format but they are stuck on programming based on language rather than putting on the best format possible. With the way the industry is today, you would think that these owners would go after as much money as possible to be made on each of their signals, but that is clearly not the case, agendas over revenue, not where I'd want to invest my money.

There already is a "breeze" type format. Coincidentally, it's called "The Breeze", and can be found at 103.5 HD3!!
Today is your lucky day! Your prayers are answered!!

firstly, that's the BIGGEST surprise of the May books - next to 'PLJs number showing an uptick ("nostalgia factor"); secondly, with CBSFM at a 5.4 (WAY BEHIND 'BLS/Lite), my thought is that they need to do something kinda big to get the WOW factor back on their side (ummm....i got a couple of ideas on that one? :D )
(the question with CBSFM is - what can they do? They're not gonna get rid of Shannon in the Morning - they gotta either do something with the schedule or do something that's gonna shock the heck out of everybody - bringing back the Doowopp Shop even once a week is one idea)

firstly, that's the BIGGEST surprise of the May books - next to 'PLJs number showing an uptick ("nostalgia factor"); secondly, with CBSFM at a 5.4 (WAY BEHIND 'BLS/Lite), my thought is that they need to do something kinda big to get the WOW factor back on their side (ummm....i got a couple of ideas on that one? :D )
(the question with CBSFM is - what can they do? They're not gonna get rid of Shannon in the Morning - they gotta either do something with the schedule or do something that's gonna shock the heck out of everybody - bringing back the Doowopp Shop even once a week is one idea)

Hey David/BigA = maybe you can explain the true success of CBS-FM in the proper demos vs. what we call discuss on the 12+? It brings up some interesting conversation on here. How much longer will the current weekday line-up be around? I know (Broadway) Bill is 67-68 and has talked of retiring. Joe Causi can't be far behind. Dan Taylor has had a few issues this year, but seems to have weathered quite well. Shannon may well be there a while. I would think Dave Stewart would stick around another decade, at least.

Hey David/BigA = maybe you can explain the true success of CBS-FM in the proper demos vs. what we call discuss on the 12+? It brings up some interesting conversation on here. How much longer will the current weekday line-up be around?

I guess as long as they want. It's New York, where the people seem to love heritage. You see it in terms of the TV anchors too. When you think of who might replace Shannon, take a look at Elvis Duran at Z-100, and he's in his 50s. Imus hung around til his mid-70s. So nobody is pushing anybody out.

I guess as long as they want. It's New York, where the people seem to love heritage. You see it in terms of the TV anchors too. When you think of who might replace Shannon, take a look at Elvis Duran at Z-100, and he's in his 50s. Imus hung around til his mid-70s. So nobody is pushing anybody out.

Quite frankly, I think they have a stellar line-up. Shannon and gang certainly get the job done. Dan Taylor is a smart, sophisticated consistent, grounded dry-witted talent and pilot. Broadway Bill Lee is that younger, childish brother everybody loves. Bill says there will be a point where he will HAVE to retire for his health's sake, but NOT by choice. I think he is absolutely the greatest talent (maybe the best in my book in America) and truly down to earth and humbled after all these years. Causi is comfortable and dependable. I think it was great that Entercom brought Dave back. I did not intend to convey any pushing or changes coming other than each of these gentleman making that decision on their own, when they feel so compelled.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom