• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WNSH logo

AMRocks

Star Participant
I know that Entercom dropped the "Nash" branding from 94.7. But did anyone notice the logo on their website? It's rainbow colored. Could this be a "Pride" month thing? Or is that the logo?

Anyone know?

BTW, IMHO, it's an ugly logo. Just block letters. I hope Entercom comes up with something a little better.

The rainbow coloring may be a pride thing. The actual logo has the New York's Country in blue and the 94.7 in red.

I bet its a LGBTQ+ Pride thing.. and good for them, thanks for doing it and putting that subject matter more in the mainstream

It is a Pride Month thing. Many Entercom stations (as well as stations owned by iHeart and other companies) have changed their logos to make them rainbow colored in celebration of Pride. Some examples include co-owned WNYL and WINS, Z100, KTU, etc.

The station has a split personality with regard to imaging. The new owners changed the name from Nash FM to New York's Country. But in addition to the WNSH call remaining, the syndicated program that continues to run at night is Nash Nights Live.

The station has a split personality with regard to imaging. The new owners changed the name from Nash FM to New York's Country. But in addition to the WNSH call remaining, the syndicated program that continues to run at night is Nash Nights Live.

There very well *could* be more to it than we are privy to. Perhaps that was a part of the agreement that the show is continued for a pre-determined amount of time to continue to clear it in the market or for any other purpose which could also include Entercom's decision as to what exactly to put there. I'm not personally familiar but do they have their own syndicated evening show to place there or do they make the better decision and find a LIVE & LOCAL talent to hold down the day part? I would have thought that the calls would have had some sort of significance to Cumulus (as the Nash brand is alive in other markets) to park elsewhere. I know they don't really have much of a purpose aside from us industry following folks.

I'm not personally familiar but do they have their own syndicated evening show to place there or do they make the better decision and find a LIVE & LOCAL talent to hold down the day part?

If you look at Entercom stations around the country, you'll see they primarily use live & local talent.

However it's not unusual for them to VT a fringe daypart with a local staffer.

I agree with the first part of your post, that Entercom agreed to carry NNL for a certain period as part of the sale. That is a very common thing.

Entercom does clear shows they don't "own" all the time. I know in Greenville SC, they air Ryan Seacrest on their CHR station, even though iHeart has stations in the market. Maybe the thought with NNL is that it's better to have a live national show then air some voice tracked one. They likely aren't paying cash for the program, but clearing spots during the show. They probably aren't exactly oversold on spots at night.

I've barely given 94.7 a listen (country music is not my cup of tea), but does Nash Nights Live (other than the name) explicitly say Nash FM in their imaging or when they're talking? In that case I could see that being a confusing thing (I'd assume most legacy listeners probably still identify the station as Nash; I actually saw a billboard with the old Nash 94.7 logo on it a few days ago)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom