Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Mike Francesa the luckiest radio host ever?

Quote Originally Posted by TTalkradio1 View Post
    Hannity talks like a radio host. Francesa has no radio talent. Getting rid of callers quickly and talking slowly isn't talent.
    I don’t know what a radio host is supposed to talk like, however, Hannity actually talks very poorly, in my view. He tends to drone on in a monotone, nasal voice, he’s rather inarticulate, he’s repetitious and he lacks a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Linwood View Post
    I don’t know what a radio host is supposed to talk like, however, Hannity actually talks very poorly, in my view. He tends to drone on in a monotone, nasal voice, he’s rather inarticulate, he’s repetitious and he lacks a sense of humor.
    It's not only radio. I've seen posts like that on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Linwood View Post
    Hannity speaks quickly. He's monotone when he is discussing things with 3 guests on, but he's not monotone when he's doing his monologue. Mike has no sense of humor. Francesa sounds like a guy waiting in line at a pizzeria.

If that is his talent, then he's the luckiest host ever.
    Rush Limbaugh might argue he is even luckier.

Quote Originally Posted by Don CT View Post
    Rush Limbaugh might argue he is even luckier.
    He's certainly a lot richer.

Betw Hazleton and Pottsville PA ; Allentown closest market
    Question : Did Russo start at the same time as Francesa ? Or did they arrive separately ?

Or to put it in a traditional sports way : 'who was on first?'

As you might deduce, I'm neither a talk-radio fan (pun untended) or talk-radio person. Just a curious DXer either to AM or FM any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Green NEPA View Post
    Question : Did Russo start at the same time as Francesa ? Or did they arrive separately ?

Or to put it in a traditional sports way : 'who was on first?'
    Search engines are your friend:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_and_the_Mad_Dog

They arrived separately and were paired early in the process. There's a great ESPN documentary on them. You can probably find it online as well. Here's the teaser:

https://youtu.be/yu2lMUIU7Cc

Limbaugh is a better broadcaster.

Limbaugh is a better broadcaster.
    How so? He is a blowhard that talks into a mic for 3 hours. Is that what qualifies as a broadcaster now?

Quote Originally Posted by Don CT View Post
    How so? He is a blowhard that talks into a mic for 3 hours. Is that what qualifies as a broadcaster now?
    Limbaugh is very talented at what he does. He has an encyclopedic knowledge combined with a keen sense of humor, and the stamina and popularity to last so many years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast