Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AT&T, Dish Are Open to Merging Satellite-TV Divisions

Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    But if Dish keeps their tactics of constant contract disputes I'll still never consider them. I was considering DirecTV Now or the new streaming option but it looks more like AT&T is looking for a way to bail out.
    Youtube TV and Hulu Live are your options if you want to get out of Cable TV though.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithE4 View Post
    If Dish takes over DirecTV, I'll cancel immediately, contract or no contract.
    If Dish really did merge with Directv , I can see here is that playstation vue, youtube tv and Hulu TV will fight for subscribers to their TV services.

Didn't Dish & DirecTV try a merger in the early 2000s? The government rejected the merger but not sure on that which I hope government again rejects the evil empire since AT&T is in 1980's level that needs to be disbanded as what happened in the 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Didn't Dish & DirecTV try a merger in the early 2000s? The government rejected the merger but not sure on that which I hope government again rejects the evil empire since AT&T is in 1980's level that needs to be disbanded as what happened in the 1980s.
    What happened was in 2002 the company that owned Dish sought to buy the company the owned DirecTV. That was rejected by DOJ.

My understanding is they were looking to combine again in 2012, but AT&T bought DirecTV.

The two companies are a lot smaller than they were in 2002. A merger might have been approved in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    Youtube TV and Hulu Live are your options if you want to get out of Cable TV though.
    According to Cord Cutters News AT&T plans to merge DirecTV Now with the new Warner Media streaming service, so hopefully Dish won't be controlling it. But I'm also considering You Tube TV and Philo or Hulu.

Apparently Dish Network is one of the companies interested in divestitures from T-Mobile/Sprint merger.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dish-...170517414.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12