Thread: New Indians radio affiliate

New Indians radio affiliate

As of Friday night, Indians games are now airing on Christian station radio 95.9 the Fish (W240CX).
    Only 100 watts from a tower just south-southwest of downtown but I can hear the games pretty well out here in Reynoldsburg.
    Games also still airing on 93.3 HD2, which carries a straight feed of WTAM.

Glad to hear you can hear the games on 95.9. Did they just decide to start airing the Indians this month? 100 watts doesn't sound like much although I can remember many years ago how a new ten-watt FM station in this area could be picked up quite a distance away. I wonder how far 95.9 can be heard around central Ohio area?

I think Friday night was the first game. I saw the listing in Saturday morning's Dispatch and found it curious, then checked both stations during the game and both had the broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by schmave View Post
    I think Friday night was the first game. I saw the listing in Saturday morning's Dispatch and found it curious, then checked both stations during the game and both had the broadcast.
    If I recall, you bought a HD receiver. You should also be able to hear them on the Fish's parent station, WTOH HD 2 or 3 (whatever it is).

I wonder if the Indians are compensating Salem to clear them? Generally Salem doesn't air much free or for barter.

You are correct, and I will have to check that tomorrow night when they play the Reds.

I can't pick up WTOH's digital channels on my radio out here in Reynoldsburg ... it's a simple desktop radio I placed on the counter in my bathroom, but I can tell you 93.3 HD2 was not carrying last night's game so it appears that arrangement has come to an end. They're back to carrying 610 full time.
    95.9 comes in pretty well on the radio, for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by schmave View Post
    I can't pick up WTOH's digital channels on my radio out here in Reynoldsburg ... it's a simple desktop radio I placed on the counter in my bathroom, but I can tell you 93.3 HD2 was not carrying last night's game so it appears that arrangement has come to an end. They're back to carrying 610 full time.
    95.9 comes in pretty well on the radio, for what it's worth.
    The Indians no longer list WODC HD2 as an affiliate for Columbus, ohio 95.9
    https://www.mlb.com/indians/fans/radio-affiliates

Not surprised - I am sure the Indians didn't like being shoved off to HD-2 Only signal here in Columbus, OH. If I am not mistaken 98.9 The Answer airs Cleveland Browns games so I am not surprised Salem has picked up Cleveland Indians and are clearing them on 95.9 The Fish (their satellite fed Christian CCM in Columbus).