• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Steve Robinson leaving Howie?

Yes...about "Sandy"....that's why I don't understand why Howie just ignored her leaving....didn't say a peep until a caller questioned her whereabouts and then it was just a casual, 'yeah, she left for another station, pffffft'.....she used to mention him while she was on WMEX, always said nice things about him....I would think he would have been happy for her getting her own show and would have at least let his listeners know how much work she did for him, how much he liked her, wished her luck.....her show wasn't in competition time wise with his....

Seems like there was some tension there near the end...I recall one time in which Howie answered the phone was "X, you're on with Howie and VB" and she interjected something to the extent of, "what am I, wallpaper?"

Contrast to VB, in which Howie continued to talk about him and even tried to help him get a new gig a few years back, and Steve, in which there's a going away party.

Seems like there was some tension there near the end...I recall one time in which Howie answered the phone was "X, you're on with Howie and VB" and she interjected something to the extent of, "what am I, wallpaper?"

Contrast to VB, in which Howie continued to talk about him and even tried to help him get a new gig a few years back, and Steve, in which there's a going away party.

Interesting, considering that, of the three (Howie, VB, "Sandy"), "Sandy", i.e., Nancy, is easily the most rational and least egocentric of the three.

Well she is and was as boring as listening to "wallpaper dry".

Maybe a soft spoken NPR-like approach. She did do WMEX at noon for awhile, at noon before McPhee, til
the Renegade guys took the station dark.

A 2009 Herald promotional bit on Howie, with Sandy
commenting on him.(A container of Maine's Allagash
beer behind her, a gift to her from a listener, maybe
with the brewery.)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFP1biYkw1s

Some Minihane-related podcast came out yesterday, in which Steve discussed the situation a little bit. One gets the impression that he was bored with the job and wanted to do something more edgy. He also mentioned that he's still open to guest hosting, however he doesn't intend to work Christmas for $50/hour.

Some Minihane-related podcast came out yesterday, in which Steve discussed the situation a little bit. One gets the impression that he was bored with the job and wanted to do something more edgy. He also mentioned that he's still open to guest hosting, however he doesn't intend to work Christmas for $50/hour.

Please supply link to Podcast.
Thanks!

In other news former RKO morning show host and Ch. 7 Anchor Kim Carrigan has joined WBZ Radio as a freelance Anchor/Reporter

I haven't heard Kim yet on WBZ. I question the authenticity of your claim, unless you can give a date when we can expect to hear her. But as of now, I have my doubts.

I haven't heard Kim yet on WBZ. I question the authenticity of your claim, unless you can give a date when we can expect to hear her. But as of now, I have my doubts.

I googled...kim carrigan joins WBZ...there's nothing about WBZ just bunch of info from when she was on RKO...and....there's nothing on her twitter page about her joining WBZ either.....

I googled...kim carrigan joins WBZ...there's nothing about WBZ just bunch of info from when she was on RKO...and....there's nothing on her twitter page about her joining WBZ either.....

PRAISE JESUS! There is a GOD!

At least she won't ruin that station any time soon.

Well you put me in my place. I was told by a IHEART Employee at the Medford Complex, that Kerrigan would be working as a freelance reporter/anchor. I guess you'll just have to keep listening to 1030 to know for sure.

Well you put me in my place. I was told by a IHEART Employee at the Medford Complex, that Kerrigan would be working as a freelance reporter/anchor. I guess you'll just have to keep listening to 1030 to know for sure.

Unlike a few of the previous posters, I happen to like Lady Carrigan, but, IMHO, it's been years since she's done anchoring or reporting, and a less formal venue, i.e., a talk-oriented program, now seems to be a better fit for her. Perhaps she'll be doing a podcast for iHeart?

I got clickbaited into the podcast again today...at one point, Steve said he's received more praise from his new employer in the past few weeks than he received in the 5 years working for Howie.

They had a nice send off for Steve on Tuesday (though a subpar Chump Line). Howie gave him praise for his 5 years and you could tell Steve had respect and gratitude for the opportunity.

Hopefully he'll still appear on the show from time to time like VB.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom