Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steve Robinson leaving Howie?

Quote Originally Posted by Tired Of It All View Post
    Yes...about "Sandy"....that's why I don't understand why Howie just ignored her leaving....didn't say a peep until a caller questioned her whereabouts and then it was just a casual, 'yeah, she left for another station, pffffft'.....she used to mention him while she was on WMEX, always said nice things about him....I would think he would have been happy for her getting her own show and would have at least let his listeners know how much work she did for him, how much he liked her, wished her luck.....her show wasn't in competition time wise with his....
    Seems like there was some tension there near the end...I recall one time in which Howie answered the phone was "X, you're on with Howie and VB" and she interjected something to the extent of, "what am I, wallpaper?"

Contrast to VB, in which Howie continued to talk about him and even tried to help him get a new gig a few years back, and Steve, in which there's a going away party.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket21 View Post
    Seems like there was some tension there near the end...I recall one time in which Howie answered the phone was "X, you're on with Howie and VB" and she interjected something to the extent of, "what am I, wallpaper?"

Contrast to VB, in which Howie continued to talk about him and even tried to help him get a new gig a few years back, and Steve, in which there's a going away party.
    Interesting, considering that, of the three (Howie, VB, "Sandy"), "Sandy", i.e., Nancy, is easily the most rational and least egocentric of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket21 View Post

Well she is and was as boring as listening to "wallpaper dry".

Maybe a soft spoken NPR-like approach. She did do WMEX at noon for awhile, at noon before McPhee, til
    the Renegade guys took the station dark.

A 2009 Herald promotional bit on Howie, with Sandy
    commenting on him.(A container of Maine's Allagash
    beer behind her, a gift to her from a listener, maybe
    with the brewery.)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFP1biYkw1s

Some Minihane-related podcast came out yesterday, in which Steve discussed the situation a little bit. One gets the impression that he was bored with the job and wanted to do something more edgy. He also mentioned that he's still open to guest hosting, however he doesn't intend to work Christmas for $50/hour.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123