Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Jack fm

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by CassChopper96 View Post
    It’s ratings are in the 3.0 to 4.0 range which is mediocre
    As people have said numerous times on this forum, those numbers don’t mean anything. They’re called 12+, and they’re given out to the public for free. Radio companies, programmers and advertisers don’t care about those, only about in demographic ratings, which are not publicly released. Just because Jack’s sitting at a 3.1, that doesn’t mean they’re going to change formats like that. In their key demos, I’m guessing they’re doing just fine.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ksradiogeek View Post
    Just because Jack’s sitting at a 3.1, that doesn’t mean they’re going to change formats like that. In their key demos, I’m guessing they’re doing just fine.
    They may seem mediocre, but they're the #2 station in the Entercom cluster. If they're going to blow something up, it might be KVIL.

    Jack is a low-cost operation that gets pretty good demos everywhere it's run. That's why it's lasted this long.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Jack is a low-cost operation that gets pretty good demos everywhere it's run. That's why it's lasted this long.
    I do find it interesting that it has broke normal jockless model of Jack stations, and it seems to be doing really well. Like I said, if they ever have to ditch the Jack name, the station would definitely keep the format because it does really well.

  4. #14
    Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,905
    Quote Originally Posted by ksradiogeek View Post
    As people have said numerous times on this forum, those numbers don’t mean anything. They’re called 12+, and they’re given out to the public for free. Radio companies, programmers and advertisers don’t care about those, only about in demographic ratings, which are not publicly released. Just because Jack’s sitting at a 3.1, that doesn’t mean they’re going to change formats like that. In their key demos, I’m guessing they’re doing just fine.
    And KJKK averaged 2nd in 25-54 in the Jan-Feb-Mar rolling average. That is not a station that is going to go away... a 5.6 is hardly "mediocre".
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  5. #15
    Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,905
    Quote Originally Posted by CassChopper96 View Post
    It’s ratings are in the 3.0 to 4.0 range which is mediocre
    #2 in 25-54 on average is mediocre?
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBiscuits View Post
    I do find it interesting that it has broke normal jockless model of Jack stations, and it seems to be doing really well. Like I said, if they ever have to ditch the Jack name, the station would definitely keep the format because it does really well.
    There are a couple Jack stations that have done that. I think Denver may be the other one.

    But you're right, it was a corporate move made by CBS about ten years ago. They bought it in a bunch of major markets. Its still doing well at KCBS too. I imagine at some point the Entercom bean counters will do what you say.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    11,140
    In Indianapolis, "Jack" added jocks, but eventually dropped the Jack moniker and branding, becoming Classic Hits 104.5.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    There are a couple Jack stations that have done that. I think Denver may be the other one.

    But you're right, it was a corporate move made by CBS about ten years ago. They bought it in a bunch of major markets. Its still doing well at KCBS too. I imagine at some point the Entercom bean counters will do what you say.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8oldies View Post
    In Indianapolis, "Jack" added jocks, but eventually dropped the Jack moniker and branding, becoming Classic Hits 104.5.


    Wouldn't happen here due to sister station KLUV, it'd be interesting to see 100.3 drop the jack branding but I see no advantage of doing so.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyNT View Post
    I see no advantage of doing so.
    The one I could think of is saving the license fee. That's why most stations do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123