Thread: WFQY WPBQ off air?

WFQY WPBQ off air?

970, 99.1, 1240 and 94.3 are off the air anybody know what the deal is?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat3 View Post
    970, 99.1, 1240 and 94.3 are off the air anybody know what the deal is?
    I understand that the FCC paid them a visit. If that is true, there will be a post on the FCC enforcement page eventually.
    RFB

I'm not sure if there was a problem with 99.1 but the last couple of weeks 99.1 was booming into Brandon on a car radio. I thought maybe they had either moved or upped the power. Previously it was nearly impossible to hear since moving the transmitter to Jackson. The AM side has been messed up for years. I had assumed that WPBQ was changing formats due to a lease agreement ending. That station has needed some technical work for quite a while also..

WPBQ is still in operation. I have been in the building where the studios are, and they are still operating (online, I presume). Rev. Jim Carstanson is always looking for guests to be on his show.

WFQY is simulcasting WJMF-LP...at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSteele View Post
    WFQY is simulcasting WJMF-LP...at least for now.

970 AM was simulcasting 87.7 yesterday, but extremely weak with poor audio. They were announcing WPBQ, WJMF and WPBQ at the top of the hour. WPBQ AM and FM has been off the air for a while. WFQY and WPBQ AM have been running on fumes for years.