Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: WPLJ says farewell New York. Any thoughts on final day/shows?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

I'm a 60-year career broadcaster, with much of my work focused on international and ethnic markets.

http://www.davidgleason.com
    Cool, a Cleveland Boy, What Part of Cleveland were you rised, My family lived a think in Parma

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post

Cool, a Cleveland Boy, What Part of Cleveland were you rised, My family lived a think in Parma
    Opposite side. I was just over a mile from the original WSRS AM&FM site at Cedar and Lee. When they became WJMO and WCUY I became a gofer and a part timer.

I left as soon as I could, in '63, for Latin America.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

I can see Race Taylor going to 103.5 KTU to do mornings or Todd going there.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle13 View Post
    I can see Race Taylor going to 103.5 KTU to do mornings or Todd going there.
    well....since the morning show DOES have an opening.....HOWEVER....I can't see Race or Todd taking over - BUT....if I were a programmer, I would pick Race over Todd - Todd may be a bit too dominating for Carolina....

Quote Originally Posted by andreajesus View Post
    well....since the morning show DOES have an opening.....HOWEVER....I can't see Race or Todd taking over - BUT....if I were a programmer, I would pick Race over Todd - Todd may be a bit too dominating for Carolina....
    Why dont they just bring the whole crew from the plj morning show to wktu mornings and get rid of ktus current morning show hosts.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrauhl View Post
    Why dont they just bring the whole crew from the plj morning show to wktu mornings and get rid of ktus current morning show hosts.
    Because the KTU morning show was outperforming WPLJ in all the core target demos.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by andreajesus View Post
    it would depend on whether "Stacy's mom" believes in God
    Not necessarily. People can gravitate to K-Love, and other Christian-based music formats, because of they know they won't have to worry about their children hearing something bad. Additionally, the positive vibe is welcome relief to some.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbasalla View Post
    Not necessarily. People can gravitate to K-Love, and other Christian-based music formats, because of they know they won't have to worry about their children hearing something bad. Additionally, the positive vibe is welcome relief to some.
    But people are gravitating away from religion, no matter how much you try to spin Jesus Rock as "positive and encouraging" -- the fastest-growing religion in the U.S. is "none of the above". And considering that "High Hopes" has been a huge #1 hit across multiple radio formats, there is no shortage of secular music with a "positive vibe".

Quote Originally Posted by kevtronics View Post
    But people are gravitating away from religion
    You're talking about organized religion. Formal, go to church on Sunday religion, as opposed to what people believe. Two very different things.

The thing about the K-Love format is there's no preaching. People don't want to be sold religion. They just want some nice music.

Quote Originally Posted by kevtronics View Post
    But people are gravitating away from religion, no matter how much you try to spin Jesus Rock as "positive and encouraging" -- the fastest-growing religion in the U.S. is "none of the above". And considering that "High Hopes" has been a huge #1 hit across multiple radio formats, there is no shortage of secular music with a "positive vibe".
    While I'm personally not a fan, EMF's financial statements say otherwise...
    http://www.klove.com/uploadedFiles/K...-Final2017.pdf

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast