Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: WPLJ says farewell New York. Any thoughts on final day/shows?

Kevtronics, I'm an atheist very involved in the secular community. But sadly, BigA is right. People aren't into bible thumping sermons anymore, but they do like ultra-safe barely religious "rock" so soccer moms can play something safe in the SUV while picking up Emily from the soccer game.

K-Love isn't trying to win souls. They just wanna make money, and have found a market. While K-Love makes my stomach churn, I give them credit where it's due.
    Host on Rowan Radio 89.7 WGLS-FM

Radio DX'er- using Grundig Sat. 750, Tecsun PL-880

Quote Originally Posted by radiodx10 View Post
    K-Love isn't trying to win souls. They just wanna make money
    I think they're trying to do both, but do it with honey rather than vinegar.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by radiodx10 View Post

K-Love isn't trying to win souls. They just wanna make money, and have found a market. While K-Love makes my stomach churn, I give them credit where it's due.
    They never said they were trying to "win souls" as they do not proselytize. They are trying to add a dimension to a Christian lifestyle that includes the radio entertainment format, a concert series and other off-air activities.

They also have a team of ministers on call for any of the listeners who have a problem or personal crisis they want to discuss with a Christian adviser, and are expanding this service as they add more stations.

It appears that they have an immediate goal of reaching 100% of the population with K-love, even as far off as Puerto Rico. Once they complete that it's likely they will expand Air-1 as well. And then they will do more in the areas of counseling, concerts and local events.

It takes money to do all that. But fundraising is not their purpose... putting the money to work is.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213