Thread: WABC/WNBM Programmers Exit Following WPLJ Closure

WABC/WNBM Programmers Exit Following WPLJ Closure

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-wplj-closure/

Craig Schwab has left 77WABC and Ken Johnson has left WNBM in this report. Also in the article reportedly the former WPLJ PD Dave LaBrozzi would oversee Cumulus New York's WABC and WNBM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-wplj-closure/

Craig Schwab has left 77WABC and Ken Johnson has left WNBM in this report. Also in the article reportedly the former WPLJ PD Dave LaBrozzi would oversee Cumulus New York's WABC and WNBM.
    Craig is a good guy, in my experience. I hope he moves on to bigger and better things. I wonder about the future of Bernie & Sid and Curtis & whoever he’s paired with at the moment.

WOW! That's a complete shock right there! I guess pretty soon, WNBM might be the next to go. I don't know how that station is doing in the ratings compared to its rival WBLS, but some say that it's doing poorly. And I believe their signal is so limited it cannot be heard clearly in parts of Jersey.

If this keeps up, I think the next step is for Cumulus to exit the NYC market altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisNEPA View Post

If this keeps up, I think the next step is for Cumulus to exit the NYC market altogether.
    On the other hand, if they can keep expenses low, they can maintain clearance for their commercials in Market #1.

Keep in mind this is a company that wasn't in Market #1 or #2 until they bought Citadel 7 years ago. They can operate just fine without big markets.