• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Elton John Rocketman "Roadblock"

Looks like some major iHeart AC stations ran a 1 hour 'roadblock' program Friday afternoon in PM-Drive to promote the weekend premiere of Elton John Rocketman movie.

KOST, WLITE, WLTW ran it...but I suppose since iHeart has no AC in Boston, it didn't run here, did it?

This sounds like an infomercial....but I would have liked to hear how it was produced to be good enough to run in PM drive on some major major-market stations.

Is this 1 hour show online anywhere?

Anyone know?

KOST, WLITE, WLTW ran it...but I suppose since iHeart has no AC in Boston, it didn't run here, did it?

Anyone know?

iHeart has Soft AC in Boston on "The Breeze" 94.5 WJMN HD2, and their AC 96.1 WSRS, Worcester can be heard well in much of greater Boston, tops the Worcester/Central MA ratings, and shows up (low) in the Boston market ratings despite format dominance by Entercom's WMJX.

I don't know if either of them aired the show.

Looks like it ran on WZLX:

https://wzlx.iheart.com/content/201...bout-rocketman-what-he-hopes-fans-will-learn/

All they have to do is list the funders in the credits. No problem, very easily done. They have a department that oversees this. They did the same thing with the Queen movie and any major album release. It's a job, not a hobby.

Of course Sirius has a sponsored Elton John channel, but no disclosures are required, because payola laws don't apply to Sirius or any non-broadcast radio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom