• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bill O'Reilly's new 15 Minute Daily Program?

I heard that Bill O'Reilly has started a new 15 minute daily radio program. (Sound more like a podcast to me.)

Has anyone heard it? Is it on an major market stations?

I assume it is one big monoplogue......with no time for guests or calls, etc.

I would like to hear how this is being done...but I don't want to pay to become a "premium member". ;-)

Is any station running it where I can hear it on a stream?

(Someone said it was on WBAL?)

I heard that Bill O'Reilly has started a new 15 minute daily radio program. (Sound more like a podcast to me.)

Has anyone heard it? Is it on an major market stations?

I assume it is one big monoplogue......with no time for guests or calls, etc.

I would like to hear how this is being done...but I don't want to pay to become a "premium member". ;-)

Is any station running it where I can hear it on a stream?

(Someone said it was on WBAL?)

Has anyone heard it airing anywhere?

Bill O'Reilly's commentary show plays, in the minds of some, kind of like Paul Harvey, although with more hard-hitting political content. It's 15 minutes can run as is ... or, as in the case of WHK AM1420 (on line at www.whkradio.com) in Cleveland, Ohio it's split up into 3 segments that run immediately after the top-of-the-hour local newscast between Noon and 2pm, (EDT) inclusive. His last segment is "Something you probably... did not know". In the program are advertisements for AMAC, his website and other goods and services, and he mentions his new book "Killing The S.S.". Is this "pay-to-play"?

Sounds like basic barter to me.
It's definitely barter. I know that there are a few stations that run it live, but not sure which. (I briefly spoke with one of the reps trying to sell the show.) I'm curious how they get into their next show which, like O'Reilly, is syndicated and likely starts at 12:06 or so. I guess they just cut into the program "in progress?"

I'm curious how they get into their next show which, like O'Reilly, is syndicated and likely starts at 12:06 or so. I guess they just cut into the program "in progress?"

On another thread pertaining to this, one poster said the technology is available to cut out certain pauses in a show, and maybe speeding it up (although with a live show, I don't see how that can be done). Anyway, a minute or so could be lopped off. In the case of WHK AM1420 in Cleveland, although they may come back into "The Dennis Prager Show" with the intro music for the hour already running, they've never, as far as I've heard so far, cut back in with the host already talking.

On another thread pertaining to this, one poster said the technology is available to cut out certain pauses in a show, and maybe speeding it up (although with a live show, I don't see how that can be done). Anyway, a minute or so could be lopped off. In the case of WHK AM1420 in Cleveland, although they may come back into "The Dennis Prager Show" with the intro music for the hour already running, they've never, as far as I've heard so far, cut back in with the host already talking.

That may be the case, but I don't think cutting out pauses will make up for 15 minutes of the show.

I haven't heard this new O'Reilly show, so I'm not sure if airing just one segment makes sense as far as content. But I'm sure as long as the spots clear, the syndicator is happy.

I haven't heard this new O'Reilly show, so I'm not sure if airing just one segment makes sense as far as content. But I'm sure as long as the spots clear, the syndicator is happy.

From what I can tell, the first break is the only one with real spots.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom