• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WNEW 102.7

Barry

Star Participant
Now that WPLJ is gone, WNEW 102.7 is the remaining hot A/C based in New York. To me, it's utterly bland. 'PLJ had its faults, but seemed to have more personality and music variety.
Thoughts?

Personality and music variety tends to be overrated by radio geeks. Broadcasters have probably researched this and concluded that useless chatter, clunker songs, and other breaks in flow cause listeners to tune out. Of course radio geeks will say that corporate is being cheap, or whatever. But, corporate doesn’t necessarily want bad radio. They want radio that attracts and retains the most listeners (thus attracting advertisers)at the lowest cost. There’s a place for good talent who can execute given these parameters.

I know some don't agree, but I think Jayde Donovan is a star.

Never listened to the show but I did actually meet her once and she seemed very nice. If I recall correctly, she was involved with the Wii debacle at KDND Sacramento in 2007 and was fired as a result. I'm glad she was able to find a new gig.

I know some don't agree, but I think Jayde Donovan is a star.

Wasn’t she involved in a contest while working at KDND/Sacramento that ultimately resulted in the death of a listener? Something about trying to find the listener who could drink the most water, or some such nonsense?

Wasn’t she involved in a contest while working at KDND/Sacramento that ultimately resulted in the death of a listener? Something about trying to find the listener who could drink the most water, or some such nonsense?

She was. From the KDND wiki:
On January 16, 2007, Geary [station VP] dismissed ten station employees — including the three morning disc jockeys, Adam "Lukas" Cox, Steve Maney and Patricia "Trish" Sweet — from their positions in connection with the tragedy and cancelled the Morning Rave. In consequence, all references to the Morning Rave program and associated DJs were removed from the KDND website.

The former "Morning Rave" hosts have since found other radio jobs in different markets; Cox hosts mornings at KRBB in Wichita, Kansas. Maney hosts mornings on WNKS in Charlotte, and Sweet hosts mornings on WPLJ in New York City under the name Jayde Donovan.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom