• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPLJ and WNSH HD subchannel shuffle

Please don't be so gullible. Of course money is the motivation. 100% it is.

Money is the only motivation at Cumulus, and that's why they sold the station. The station wasn't as important as the money.

That's not the situation at EMF.

Please take your own advice. The last numbers I saw reported had the CEO salary at over half a million dollars.

Compare that to Mary Berner. Compare that to Bob Pittman. No one who ever worked at a non-profit took a vow of poverty. The CEO is running an enterprise valued at over $100 million, and that's what his salary is based on.

You might want to redirect your concern. EMF is harmless.

It's no more complicated....

How harmless is it to reinforce people's slavish adherence to a belief system largely based on variations on folk tales that have arisen in cultures around the world, not just some backwater of the Roman Empire, that demands complete faith in supernatural beings and events? That does nothing but discourage free thought. Look, everyone has the right to believe just about anything, but the special places carved out in the tax codes for organized religion continue, to me, to be unjustifiable.

Please take your own advice. The last numbers I saw reported had the CEO salary at over half a million dollars.

Given the size of the enterprise, he is underpaid.

The NPR stations in NY pay considerably more than that for just one market. There are quite a few NPR and PBS managers at or above that level.

And EMF is based in a state where at the $500,000 level the incremental tax rate is just under 50% and the cost of living is extraordinarily high.

Reference the EMF pay against other groups with more than 100 radio stations and you will see that the pay rate is extraordinarily low.

David, how do they ID themselves in LA if they can't use K-Love? Do they have separate drop-ins for the LA signal?

They use K-love on the air, but can not use the name in any advertising elsewhere within the LA and IE Metro Survey Areas..

That's a good clue as to how many more FM stations EMF would like to buy in NYC with their bottomless pit of tax-free money, removing more entertainment outlets from the commercial spectrum to be replaced with more variants of their propaganda. You'd better believe their goal is to build a cluster and take over the dial.

They already have a cluster; Air 1 is on a suburban lesser signal.

They use K-love on the air, but can not use the name in any advertising elsewhere within the LA and IE Metro Survey Areas.

It probably helps that the other station programs in a different language. As I recall, EMF got special permission for what they do.

It probably helps that the other station programs in a different language. As I recall, EMF got special permission for what they do.

They licensed the use of the name from Univision against a significant amount of up-front cash.

I disagree that K-love is a "propaganda" outlet; the listeners are already practicing Christians who simply want a radio station that does not betray their belief system.
Or maybe they just want positive lyrics rather than the trash on traditional Hot AC or CHR radio.

Or maybe they are nonbelievers who will be reached.

Please take your own advice. The last numbers I saw reported had the CEO salary at over half a million dollars. And if you think that's all he's really getting out of it then you probably also believe Mitch McConnell only makes $193k/year from his publicly disclosed Senate salary.

EMF is big business. Big radio, big religion. It's always about the money.

https://www.wthrockmorton.com/2016/05/01/k-loves-pledge-drive-money-behind-the-music

Watch it, your partisan politics is showing...

Not to mention your uncontrolled conspiracy minded imagination.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom