Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Klove 96.7

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post
    I understand the distinction. What I don't get is the antagonism, as if K-love with its format of Christian oriented music and little tidbits of scripture, were an endangerment for our country.
    The other aspect that gets brought up with regards to EMF is how they run their stations without local staff as repeaters for their national format. In fact there are a lot of stations that are basically local repeaters for various nationally syndicated talk show or sports networks. I've always said it's nothing new. It's how radio got started in the 20s and 30s with national radio networks. The next phase was national syndication using reel to reel tapes. Then it was satellite delivered formats. So what EMF is doing isn't new or different. But in some cases its replacing locally staffed and programmed stations, and that bothers some people.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

What I don't get is the antagonism, as if K-love with its format of Christian oriented music and little tidbits of scripture, were an endangerment for our country.
    as a student of radio who also happens to be Christian, K-Love is something but an endangerment - as a matter of fact, for us Christians who live in the NYC area, it may be one of the few Christian-formatted stations that we can get on the radio WITHOUT going online! - #JesusRocks

Quote Originally Posted by andreajesus View Post
    as a student of radio who also happens to be Christian, K-Love is something but an endangerment - as a matter of fact, for us Christians who live in the NYC area, it may be one of the few Christian-formatted stations that we can get on the radio WITHOUT going online! - #JesusRocks
    And just think... people lived, survived and carried on prior to its arrival just fine by utilizing other means. Sure I am sad to see 'PLJ go but I understand the practicality of what lead to it and why it was done. Whether or not I personally like the K-Love format aside, as had been discussed in other posts, I think its a shame that the notion of locality is completely gone now from 95.5 FM. Serving the public once meant something *different* that it apparently means now. Don't bash me for that statement as I am sure there are listeners that have tuned in to the *new WPLJ New York* and find it appealing but its going to take a while for the sting to wear off for some people.

Just as an aside isn't there a religious station on 95.1 from Bridgelight on the Upper East Side? With minimal power I can only wonder how that really stacks up coverage-wise in NYC...

Quote Originally Posted by Radi0411 View Post
    Just as an aside isn't there a religious station on 95.1 from Bridgelight on the Upper East Side? With minimal power I can only wonder how that really stacks up coverage-wise in NYC...
    That's an interesting question. I was unaware of it until you mentioned it. From what I can see it's a network of 6 LPFMs that broadcast from a studio in Old Bridge NJ. The six transmitters sort of ring the city. I guess if you want this kind of music, but want live & local presentation, this is an option. But yes, they will be no match signal wise for 95.5. Or Pillar of Fire radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Radi0411 View Post
    Don't bash me for that statement as I am sure there are listeners that have tuned in to the *new WPLJ New York* and find it appealing but its going to take a while for the sting to wear off for some people.

Firstly...i don't bash :-)

and secondly, if there is a CHRISTIAN station on 95.1 on the Upper East Side, I'm not able to get it on my regular radio (but maybe on the 'Net.... )

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Just do Google maps for Educational Media Foundation 180 S Broadway White Plains. There is a nice picture there.

You can also look up who owns the building, and get tax information online.

You don't run this board or my life. Mind your own business.
    Hell yes big a tell them!!!!

96.7 is no longer WKLV. It is now WMKQ, a callsign that had been used by a sister EMF station in Butler, Alabama. They are no longer running K-Love programming.
    Instead there is a continuous message stating that it has moved to "a stronger signal" on 95.5. It also mentions, as we already know, that Air-1 is coming to 96.7 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    96.7 is no longer WKLV.
    So where are the WKLV letters going? Also to 95.5?

With the WMKQ call letters, it would have been fitting to put a soft AC station "Magic 96.7" to fill the WFAS void

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    So where are the WKLV letters going? Also to 95.5?
    The WKLV-FM call letters were swapped with the station in Alabama.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast