• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Klove 96.7

J

Joylovepulse967

Any word about 96.7 since k love is moving to 95.5 . When is becoming Air 1. It same day? What

I assume that EMF will run liners on 96.7 sending people over to 95.5fm.

I got email from klove
Thank you! We are excited to have K-LOVE broadcasting on 95.5 FM (WPLJ) covering more of New York City and surrounding communities.

Once we have all the equipment upgraded and stabilized, our current plans are to broadcast our sister station, Air1, on 96.7 FM (WKLV).

In His service,

Sarah Outman
Engineering Information Coordinator
Educational Media Foundation
KLOVE.com - Air1.com

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10 NLT

WPLJ's RDS and HD Radio text both still identify the station as 95.5 WPLJ and make no reference to K-Love yet. Also on my car radio, which has some way of obtaining station logos and sometimes even album art of music being played on HD Radio stations, it still showing WPLJ's logo.

I wonder if WPLJ will now even still have a studio of some sort, or will it all just be run from a computer at the Empire State Building, receiving the K-Love network stream and adding the hourly ID and any EAS tests and alerts that come in?

WPLJ's RDS and HD Radio text both still identify the station as 95.5 WPLJ and make no reference to K-Love yet. Also on my car radio, which has some way of obtaining station logos and sometimes even album art of music being played on HD Radio stations, it still showing WPLJ's logo.

I wonder if WPLJ will now even still have a studio of some sort, or will it all just be run from a computer at the Empire State Building, receiving the K-Love network stream and adding the hourly ID and any EAS tests and alerts that come in?

A computer and a stream? Klvoe comes off the satelite. Legal ID's come off the satellite receiver. They may have some kind of studio.

A computer and a stream? Klvoe comes off the satelite. Legal ID's come off the satellite receiver. They may have some kind of studio.

I think Mike Novak said EMF would likely have local offices for Top 10 markets -- for instance, there is a local office in Los Angeles to run promotions and create partnerships. Not sure if they would house equipment there though...

I think Mike Novak said EMF would likely have local offices for Top 10 markets -- for instance, there is a local office in Los Angeles to run promotions and create partnerships. Not sure if they would house equipment there though...

They currently have an office of some sort in White Plains. Not sure exactly what it consists of.

They currently have an office of some sort in White Plains. Not sure exactly what it consists of.

Probably some private house --which is now off the tax rolls.

There are hundreds of "churches" in homes over in Brooklyn and Queens. All are scams set up with mail-order "ministers", little, of any customers and perhaps one "service" each week.

They are completely tax exempt along with everything bought to sustain operations. They do make convenient money laundering front though.

Praise the load..and pass the T.E. #.

LCG

P

They are completely tax exempt along with everything bought to sustain operations. They do make convenient money laundering front though.

That is a pretty libelous statement unless you have proof.

EMF is quite transparent and its operations are very professional and clean.

They even have their required forms and audited financials online at http://www.klove.com/about/finances/

That is a pretty libelous statement unless you have proof.

EMF is quite transparent and its operations are very professional and clean.

They even have their required forms and audited financials online at http://www.klove.com/about/finances/

Why don't you quote my whole remarks in-context. They are not specific to those characters -only the first sentence.

FWIW: ALL of these groups are "transparent" -it is a legal requirement. It doesn't prevent the abuses i noted.

Nothing will ever be done about it, of course. These are true sacred cows.

LCG

Why don't you quote my whole remarks in-context. They are not specific to those characters -only the first sentence.

... because they appear here right below my response. No need for redundancy as I was only commenting on the "money laundering" aspect for which there is no proof submitted nor no known investigation by any authorities.

FWIW: ALL of these groups are "transparent" -it is a legal requirement. It doesn't prevent the abuses i noted.

EMF is more transparent than most. And, again, there is no known complaint about them violating any aspect of the codes and laws regulating non-profit entities.

Nothing will ever be done about it, of course. These are true sacred cows.

Yet if anything needed to be done... a fact I dispute... it would happen gladly and rapidly in the ultra-secular climate of today's California.

... because they appear here right below my response. No need for redundancy as I was only commenting on the "money laundering" aspect for which there is no proof submitted nor no known investigation by any authorities.

EMF is more transparent than most. And, again, there is no known complaint about them violating any aspect of the codes and laws regulating non-profit entities.

Yet if anything needed to be done... a fact I dispute... it would happen gladly and rapidly in the ultra-secular climate of today's California.

Once again, I am not speaking specifically about these characters -but about the use of these ancient superstitions as money sources.

As for EMF (how did they ever get away with a name like that) if ever they are finished scavenging facilities and dumping employees on the unemployment line, there will be an enormous amount of money sloshing around in that org. That is when things get interesting.

LCG

Once again, I am not speaking specifically about these characters -but about the use of these ancient superstitions as money sources.

As for EMF (how did they ever get away with a name like that) if ever they are finished scavenging facilities and dumping employees on the unemployment line, there will be an enormous amount of money sloshing around in that org. That is when things get interesting.

There was an analysis on one of the broadcast new sites that EMF more than replaced any staffing reductions via its increase in "back office" employment in Indianapolis and Rocklin, CA. They have considerably expanded the event staff, and, of course, likely increase the employment in the Christian music segment of the music business.

You are forgetting the fact that EMF has a considerable outreach, event and evangelization program.

While this is a bit old, it does show all that they do: https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Modern-Era-Miscellaneous/K-love-and-Air-1-2014.pdf

Your "superstitions" are most people's belief system and moral code.

There was an analysis on one of the broadcast new sites that EMF more than replaced any staffing reductions via its increase in "back office" employment in Indianapolis and Rocklin, CA. They have considerably expanded the event staff, and, of course, likely increase the employment in the Christian music segment of the music business.

You are forgetting the fact that EMF has a considerable outreach, event and evangelization program.

While this is a bit old, it does show all that they do: https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Modern-Era-Miscellaneous/K-love-and-Air-1-2014.pdf

Your "superstitions" are most people's belief system and moral code.

Look up "superstition" it fits "religion" to a tee.

As for "offsetting" the jobs they destroy, please, that isn't even close to the reality of what turning 600+ stations into ghostships causes.

This operation is a fungus on the industry. It is also a symptom.

I would like to see how a Class B in market #1 got peddled to these people ...and no one knew anything about till it was too late. I refuse to believe that no other entity would have wanted 95.5 -or the entire package, especially at the price paid.

If, in fact the package was shopped around with no takers...other than these characters, then we are truly f'ed.

LCG

I suspect this will update soon as they get everything completely installed and running. When the flip happened on 5/31/19 the KLOVE feed was clearly being ran thru the Cumulus WPLJ Studio (the web stream from Cumulus aired KLove for 30 minutes until they killed it off at 0730 pm which leads me to believe at sign on they were running the feed thru the cumulus facility). Generally what happens is when KLove takes over they ship a rack of equipment from Rocklin to the transmitter site and it's installed near the transmitter and contains processing, satellite receiving equipment, EAS, phone home equipment etc... needed to run the station.

As for "offsetting" the jobs they destroy, please, that isn't even close to the reality of what turning 600+ stations into ghostships causes.

I would like to see how a Class B in market #1 got peddled to these people ...and no one knew anything about till it was too late. I refuse to believe that no other entity would have wanted 95.5 -or the entire package, especially at the price paid.

If, in fact the package was shopped around with no takers...other than these characters, then we are truly f'ed.

LCG

Religious and other non-traditional broadcasters have always owned powerful signals around the country. Think about Family Radio or Pacifica Radio.

The difference between EMF and the others is that EMF was able to create a tightly-produced AC/CHR format with modern sounding music that wouldn't sound out of place on a more secular radio station. At the helm of EMF are former radio guys with tons of experience - from the back of house guys to the DJ staff. They are quite an impressive operation and are able to get their listeners to pay them directly. I think you have a misconception about their operations and I'm not even religious!

I think many people on this board have "ill will" toward EMF and what they stand for, but this is what radio is now. K-Love is not much different than how iHeart syndicated stations are delivered. EMF has an advantage in buying new stations because they have enough cash and financing to do so - it really is all about the money for radio operators.

Probably some private house --which is now off the tax rolls.

No it's not a private house. It's a very nice, new office building in a commercial part of White Plains.

Should I post pictures for you to see?

They don't own the building, so no it's not off the tax rolls.

So there are two parts of your post that are clearly false.

Shall I continue?

In reverse order...

There was a book out on WPLJ. Neither iHeart not Entercom can accommodate more stations. And none of the other candidates wanted to buy what would become a single, stand-alone FM in a market where non-ethnic broadcasting is highly concentrated among two dominant groups. And the market is over 50% ethnic and has a high percentage of first generation immigrants as well... making for unique-to-New-York programming challenges.

WPLJ station was doing very poorly, with collapsing revenue. In other words, a stick. And EMF had the free cash to buy... nobody else did.

And the market needed the format. There was a definite hole, and it could best be filled with a listener sustained operation.

A huge percentage of EMF's stations are translators. Translators alone do not have employees. In fact, many of the translators were licensed by EMF as new facilities or bought as CPs. EMF started with loads of translators, and only as they have grown have they added more and more full signals now that pricing is much more affordable.

Your comments about the listeners and their beliefs rings like the same bell that referred to middle Americans as "stinky WalMart customers". It's offensive to many of us who have different beliefs and values. You have the right to have formed your own conclusions about life and existence, and I can respect that. But I condone your demeaning and condescending attitude towards those who view things differently.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom