Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klove 96.7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Klove 96.7

Any word about 96.7 since k love is moving to 95.5 . When is becoming Air 1. It same day? What

I assume that EMF will run liners on 96.7 sending people over to 95.5fm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rose 2.0 View Post
    I assume that EMF will run liners on 96.7 sending people over to 95.5fm.
    Air 1 was already on the dial before K-Love was moved to 95.5

I got email from klove
    Thank you! We are excited to have K-LOVE broadcasting on 95.5 FM (WPLJ) covering more of New York City and surrounding communities.

Once we have all the equipment upgraded and stabilized, our current plans are to broadcast our sister station, Air1, on 96.7 FM (WKLV).

In His service,

Sarah Outman
    Engineering Information Coordinator
    Educational Media Foundation
    KLOVE.com - Air1.com

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10 NLT

WPLJ's RDS and HD Radio text both still identify the station as 95.5 WPLJ and make no reference to K-Love yet. Also on my car radio, which has some way of obtaining station logos and sometimes even album art of music being played on HD Radio stations, it still showing WPLJ's logo.

I wonder if WPLJ will now even still have a studio of some sort, or will it all just be run from a computer at the Empire State Building, receiving the K-Love network stream and adding the hourly ID and any EAS tests and alerts that come in?

Quote Originally Posted by kevtronics View Post
    WPLJ's RDS and HD Radio text both still identify the station as 95.5 WPLJ and make no reference to K-Love yet. Also on my car radio, which has some way of obtaining station logos and sometimes even album art of music being played on HD Radio stations, it still showing WPLJ's logo.

I wonder if WPLJ will now even still have a studio of some sort, or will it all just be run from a computer at the Empire State Building, receiving the K-Love network stream and adding the hourly ID and any EAS tests and alerts that come in?
    A computer and a stream? Klvoe comes off the satelite. Legal ID's come off the satellite receiver. They may have some kind of studio.

Quote Originally Posted by kevtronics View Post

I suspect this will update soon as they get everything completely installed and running. When the flip happened on 5/31/19 the KLOVE feed was clearly being ran thru the Cumulus WPLJ Studio (the web stream from Cumulus aired KLove for 30 minutes until they killed it off at 0730 pm which leads me to believe at sign on they were running the feed thru the cumulus facility). Generally what happens is when KLove takes over they ship a rack of equipment from Rocklin to the transmitter site and it's installed near the transmitter and contains processing, satellite receiving equipment, EAS, phone home equipment etc... needed to run the station.

K-Love doesn't need a studio or even rent in Manhattan, except for Empire. It can all be done with one rack and handled remotely. Even the RBDS changes can be accomplished remotely.

No daily commute necessary.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by badjef View Post
    K-Love doesn't need a studio or even rent in Manhattan, except for Empire. It can all be done with one rack and handled remotely. Even the RBDS changes can be accomplished remotely.

No daily commute necessary.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!
    Yes, and with the high cost of Manhattan real estate, locating in the suburbs. Significant operators like Univision Radio have moved out of NYC already.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrauhl View Post
    All the WPLJ listeners need to petition the FCC Against The Mis use of Commercial FM Broadcast space. K Love is an Educational broadcaster. That should be broadcasting on the non commercial portion of the band from 88 to 91 MHz. 95.5 is designated as Commercial broadcasting space.
    Are you the same “Lorenzo F” that’s been commeting on different Youtube channels, including mine? If so, stop.

And the average listener does not care to sign some petition the FCC will not care or read. Also, you see WFUV or anyone else selling? I sure don’t.

PLJ’s gone. Done deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast