• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Klove 96.7

With the WMKQ call letters, it would have been fitting to put a soft AC station "Magic 96.7" to fill the WFAS void

and you wasted half a second on that thought, typing it.. thinking it might happen? HAHAHA

and you wasted half a second on that thought, typing it.. thinking it might happen? HAHAHA

Not to mention that there’s no void to fill between Lite, WHUD, and several other adjacent market signals like WEBE and WALK-FM that come in relatively well in Westchester.

If it was already confirmed that it would be an Air 1 station, I obviously know it won't happen. I do feel the call letters of WMKQ would be better suited for a Magic station

If it was already confirmed that it would be an Air 1 station, I obviously know it won't happen. I do feel the call letters of WMKQ would be better suited for a Magic station

and EMF doesnt do ANYTHING Else but Air1 or Klove.. and sometimes Klove classics

Air1 is scheduled to broadcast on 96.7 FM (WMKQ) with the loop ending sometime in the morning of 07/19.

According to RadioInsight, the new WMKQ call is temporary, only for the duration of the broadcast of the repeating message. Once 96.7 starts broadcasting Air-1, it will switch to WARW.

As expected. 96.7 is now WARW, broadcasting Air-1.
The HD2, where Air-! was formerly heard, is now carrying a continuous message advising its listeners to tune to the HD1.

The HD2, where Air-! was formerly heard, is now carrying a continuous message advising its listeners to tune to the HD1.
They should've just shut off the HD2 stream. If it is unavailable, all HD Radio receivers will automatically revert to playing HD1.

They should've just shut off the HD2 stream. If it is unavailable, all HD Radio receivers will automatically revert to playing HD1.

That would be confusing, if 96.7 puts something else on HD2. That seems likely, as they still have an HD3.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom