Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Klove 96.7

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    No it's not a private house. It's a very nice, new office building in a commercial part of White Plains.

Should I post pictures for you to see?

They don't own the building, so no it's not off the tax rolls.

So there are two parts of your post that are clearly false.

Shall I continue?
    Please do.

What neither of us will know is what rent -if any is paid by that operation. The term "preferential rent' is often applied to charitable orgs. The landlord offers a low (in some cases no) rent and the difference is deducted from his taxes. That is how things like thrift shops and some cultural organizations survive in places such as NYC.

BTW: zeroing in on 29,000 posts? A true "man of leisure".

LCG

Quote Originally Posted by L Chanon Gade View Post

BTW: zeroing in on 29,000 posts? A true "man of leisure".
    Jealous?

They pay rent. The rest of your post is from your imagination. You have no facts at all about how much rent they pay, to whom they pay that rent, or anything else.

I've blown your lie that their office is in someone's tax free house. It's not. This is a very successful company. Not some mom & pop non profit.

Please spare us the fairy tales mother goose.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Please do.

What neither of us will know is what rent -if any is paid by that operation. The term "preferential rent' is often applied to charitable orgs. The landlord offers a low (in some cases no) rent and the difference is deducted from his taxes. That is how things like thrift shops and some cultural organizations survive in places such as NYC.
    A property owner who gives a lower rate to a non-profit is simply doing it to benefit the community. Not earning income is not tax-deductible.

If I give a client a special rate I can't deduct the difference between my top of the card rate and the special rate. Foregone income is not deductible.

Or if I give a 100 spot schedule to a charity auction, I can't deduct its value as it is an intangible and there is no cost of goods sold for a few minutes of airtime where I would be broadcasting anyway, sold or not.

A store or manufacturer that gives a product to a charity has no deduction; the cost of the item, overhead in storing and shipping it, labor in making or displaying it, are all already deductible as are all business expenses. The only cost to the business is the loss of a potential profit on a sale of the same item. But there is no tax on lost opportunities.

On the other had, if I own shopping centers, I know that Goodwill will bring traffic, pay on time and be a long-term tenant.
    Last edited by DavidEduardo; 06-07-2019 at 03:42 AM.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Please read this article: http://www.klove.com/uploadedFiles/K...k-RadioInc.pdf

EMF estimates that 5 to 6 percent of its 20 million person weekly cume is donating an average of $40 per month. This article was written before PLJ and other high-profile FM stations were added to the network.

By my quick calculatiuons, that's about $80,000,000 per month in revenue -- just in monthly support from listeners. But I'm sure the official number is published on EMF's financial reports, which are 100% available to the public because of their transparency.

Many successful business people, athletes and celebrities are big fans of CCM. Major record labels and booking agencies represent CCM artists. It would be a shame to fall a blind eye at how respectable this market is.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

A property owner who gives a lower rate to a non-profit is simply doing it to benefit the community. Not earning income is not tax-deductible.

If I give a client a special rate I can't deduct the difference between my top of the card rate and the special rate. Foregone income is not deductible.

Or if I give a 100 spot schedule to a charity auction, I can't deduct its value as it is an intangible and there is no cost of goods sold for a few minutes of airtime where I would be broadcasting anyway, sold or not.

A store or manufacturer that gives a product to a charity has no deduction; the cost of the item, overhead in storing and shipping it, labor in making or displaying it, are all already deductible as are all business expenses. The only cost to the business is the loss of a potential profit on a sale of the same item. But there is no tax on lost opportunities.

On the other had, if I own shopping centers, I know that Goodwill will bring traffic, pay on time and be a long-term tenant.
    Outright deduction is not allowed by IRS or the city. that is not how it is done.

When a space in a commercial facility is unpaid for the lower overall income reduces the tax on the corp the owns the building. This ties directly into a growing problem here in NYC. As retail declines an increasing number of stores are staying vacant as landlords hold out for high rents. Some reopen briefly for seasonal pop-ups and charity events (art shows and various sales). The city is looking at limiting the length of time these deductions can be taken so as to incentivize owner to take a lower rent.

Whatever arrangement emf has, or doesn't have regarding office space, we'll probably never know.

LCG

Jealous?

They pay rent. The rest of your post is from your imagination. You have no facts at all about how much rent they pay, to whom they pay that rent, or anything else.

I've blown your lie that their office is in someone's tax free house. It's not. This is a very successful company. Not some mom & pop non profit.

Please spare us the fairy tales mother goose.
    You haven't blown anything but smoke.

Where is YOUR proof?

For extra credit please provide that picture of their offices you offered.

You turn up on every topic on this forum and several other sites as well.

You really need to take a break and stop playing this role.

LCG

K-Love doesn't need a studio or even rent in Manhattan, except for Empire. It can all be done with one rack and handled remotely. Even the RBDS changes can be accomplished remotely.

No daily commute necessary.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Where is YOUR proof?

For extra credit please provide that picture of their offices you offered.
    Just do Google maps for Educational Media Foundation 180 S Broadway White Plains. There is a nice picture there.

You can also look up who owns the building, and get tax information online.

You don't run this board or my life. Mind your own business.

Just do Google maps for Educational Media Foundation 180 S Broadway White Plains. There is a nice picture there.

You can also look up who owns the building, and get tax information online.

You don't run this board or my life. Mind your own business.
    Well, thanks for the address. Note that it is designated as 'live/work" space. In the real world that means an essentially residential apartment that can also be legally used as a place of business. Not far removed from what I speculated.

"You don't run this board or my life. Mind your own business." -That is amusing.

LCG

Well, thanks for the address. Note that it is designated as 'live/work" space. In the real world that means an essentially residential apartment that can also be legally used as a place of business. Not far removed from what I speculated.
    If you look at the picture, you'll see its not residential or even close.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast