• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Power 90.1 over power?

kc1ih

Frequent Participant
Right now (Fri 5/32, 2:15 PM) "Low Power" station WYPW 90.1 from Brandon is completely overpowering WJUF here in Hudson. Usually I can receive WJUF with no interference here. I wonder if they've increased their power (They've been accused here of using well over their licensed power) or if its band conditions?

This is the message I received in response to notifying WUFT/WJUF of this: "The tower WJUF is on is having an inspection today and a climber is up where are antenna array is. We have to shut down the transmitter for his safety due the high RF levels." Still I don't think I should be receiving a low power station from Brandon here.

This is the message I received in response to notifying WUFT/WJUF of this: "The tower WJUF is on is having an inspection today and a climber is up where are antenna array is. We have to shut down the transmitter for his safety due the high RF levels." Still I don't think I should be receiving a low power station from Brandon here.
This is nothing new, unfortunately; I too have complained to WJUF in the past, as I have received interference from Power 90.1’s “23 watts” (sic) interfering with WJUF when they were on the air. Sometimes, they do power down, but more often than not, they are definitely running more than the alleged 23 watts; whether it is carelessness or complete disregard for the licensed power, I don’t know. When I’m in eastern Hernando (the ridge Manor East area) I’m 46 miles from Power 90.1’s antenna and 26 miles from WJUF’s tower, so I do find it curious that a 23 watt station nearly twice the distance from a full power station can creat havoc day and night. (It doesn’t usually overpower WJUF when the radio is in a stationary position, but in a car radio, there is definitely interference from time to time.)

Just checked and WJUF is back on the air, HD and all.

This is a good time to put in for a LPFM that is run perfectly - WLSL 92.7, both power and programming wise; had business in Dade City earlier today and it is a nice station to listen to. Great stereo separation and good programming.

Maybe this should be another thread but WUJM-LP, "99 Jamz the Burg" goes way north and way south of two other LPFM's in the same area.
I am convinced that they operate over and above their licensed power. Link.

Maybe this should be another thread but WUJM-LP, "99 Jamz the Burg" goes way north and way south of two other LPFM's in the same area.

Then, it is foregone conclusion, they won't complain that they lost any SOB coverage to the WTMY translator.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Being that much over the tower, you could sit back and wait for them to get hit by lightning...

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Thanks DRT for the nice compliment. We try to run a tight ship here. Maybe some of my years as an amateur radio operator is showing through LOL! We actually look at things with O-scopes, modulation monitors, routinely visit the transmitter site, etc.. :cool:

Yes Larry, there should absolutely be no reason for you to hear this Brandon Station.

73 de WA4JM

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom