Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former WEEI morning host Kirk Minihane joins Barstool Sports

Former WEEI morning host Kirk Minihane joins Barstool Sports

Just a week or so after his very public divorce with Entercom, the other shoe drops
    https://awfulannouncing.com/barstool...ol-sports.html
    Last edited by newsbot2; 05-30-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Having listened to Kirk for his time on WEEI, I hope things work out well for him.

Some of his act I find entertaining, some not. But I'm outside the desirable demographic, so I guess radio folks don't need to care about what I think.

Maybe Barstool will be a healthier environment for him, but I have my doubts.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by brassband View Post
    Having listened to Kirk for his time on WEEI, I hope things work out well for him.

Some of his act I find entertaining, some not. But I'm outside the desirable demographic, so I guess radio folks don't need to care about what I think.

Maybe Barstool will be a healthier environment for him, but I have my doubts.

Time will tell.
    What is he going to do for them? A live streaming show? A podcast?

There's no way Barstoolsports is paying him what he was making at WEEI.

This might be more about ego than any rationale career decision, and not in his best interest.

There's a claim on Google that he signed a contract with eei that pays him $58k annually. That can't be right can it? If it is, I'd say he's got to be making more with Barstool

pays him $58k annually
    IDK which contract was being quoted but no, nobody--formerly-- doing top-rated morning drive in this market is making 58k.

Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post
    IDK which contract was being quoted but no, nobody--formerly-- doing top-rated morning drive in this market is making 58k.
    It might however be AFTRA minimum. But nobody doing morning drive with ratings makes minimum.

Looks like his new show starts tomorrow. I've never listened to him in the past, apart from when he called into Howie's show, but I may check it out at some point on account of his producer being Howie's old producer.

Somerville Mayor Joe
    Curtatone says he's suing Minihane for falsely representing himself as a Globe reporter. Details on Curtatone's facebook page

Excerpt:
    "I have filed a civil lawsuit in Middlesex Superior Court in Woburn against Kirk Minihane and Barstool Sports. It's a straightforward complaint. Minihane recorded himself breaking the law, impersonating a Boston Globe reporter to obtain an interview with me, then Barstool posted the interview on its website. It's a clear violation of Massachusetts General Law, which forbids audio recording a person without his/her consent, and you can't obtain that consent through fraudulent means."

In the court of public opinion, this will probably help Portnoy's profile. In the actual court, I'd say that Portnoy did himself in with Mayor Curtatone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast