• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

former WFAA-TV talent Ron Corning and Alexa Conomos does a Podcast

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...gNnr46Y4O3R-KD9V3Vu9YiMMQ0UFTS3vGR_2jYT_yQpVo

It's like deja vu, watching former WFAA-TV anchors Ron Corning and Alexa Conomos under the bright lights, wearing microphones and talking into a camera. They chat naturally, Corning cutting in to say they need to take a quick break.

This is life after Channel 8: on-air podcasting.

The two have partnered with On-Air Media to launch Morning After with Ron and Alexa, a once-a-week show that debuts at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 30. Unlike network television, this show is "for mature audiences only," Corning joked, right after one of their guests cussed.

"Ron and I were always known for telling it like it is," Conomos says of their time co-anchoring the morning show together on WFAA from 2014 to 2017. But with Morning After, which will air on Facebook, iTunes and all major podcast networks, "there are no boundaries," she says.

No betting about it: that was absolutely one of the reasons he bailed. It was worse than that, he wasn't even seriously considered for the job. He wanted off mornings and WFAA saw him only as a morning anchor.
This new gig is interesting, but certainly won't come close to paying the bills.

I expect we'll see Ron in the Sherman market (like others before him) before all is said and done. They like to hire kids as reporters but they love veterans on the anchor desk.

I expect we'll see Ron in the Sherman market (like others before him) before all is said and done. They like to hire kids as reporters but they love veterans on the anchor desk.

it's possible he has a non-compete clause on his contract from TEGNA/WFAA that won't allow him to work on a rival station in DFW, i wouldn't be surprise if he shows up on Fox 4, NBC 5 or CBS 11 as a new anchor for one of those stations.

it's possible he has a non-compete clause on his contract from TEGNA/WFAA that won't allow him to work on a rival station in DFW, i wouldn't be surprise if he shows up on Fox 4, NBC 5 or CBS 11 as a new anchor for one of those stations.

He likely has a 3-6 month non-compete clause. I would not expect him to appear on another local station even after that expires.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom