Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satellite Radio Listeners?

Satellite Radio Listeners?

Since this forum is titled "National Radio" I was wondering how many satellite radio subscribers we have here.....?
    Out of the money demo...all the way out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sheridan View Post
    Since this forum is titled "National Radio" I was wondering how many satellite radio subscribers we have here.....?
    Probably several. I frequently listen to both satellite and terrestrial.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sheridan View Post

I am, have been since 2003, but since your question has been moved from the National Radio forum to the SiriusXM Satellite forum, I'd expect you'll get a "yes" response from nearly everyone.

According to the comments I've read on numerous other threads on RD, I think there are a lot of people here who listen to Sirius/XM. Not a majority, probably, but a considerable number.

Provided that SXM keeps giving me the $25 for 5 months (plus taxes) deal I've had for the last few years I keep the subscriptions active in both of our cars.

Continuous from January 2, 2002, because the stereo shops were closed on New Year's Day.
    Lifetime subscription for approximately eight years.
    I check terrestrial radio for a few minutes each month to hear what stations are still there.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    Continuous from January 2, 2002, because the stereo shops were closed on New Year's Day.
    Lifetime subscription for approximately eight years.
    I check terrestrial radio for a few minutes each month to hear what stations are still there.
    I still listen to quite a bit of FM -- sports play-by-play for the sound quality, classical music on three noncommercial FMs for more interesting playlists than SXM's one classical channel, a classic hits station that plays '60s through '80s eliminating the need to keep switching among SXM's decades channels, and of course Connecticut news, traffic and weather, since Hartford might as well be in Mongolia for the attention it gets on SXM. Sometimes I tire of SXM's incessant, obnoxious promos with their whiz-bang-zoom sound effects and voice-distortion gimmickry and will listen to FM just to escape it even if the music isn't as good. I never expected to stop listening to FM completely when I became an XM subscriber and I don't expect to do so in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    I never expected to stop listening to FM completely when I became an XM subscriber and I don't expect to do so in the future.
    Actually, I check some LPFM's in the area more often than I said plus a Pacifica-type station, but I know I would spend a lot more time with the non-coms if I lived in the Apple.
    As an airport shuttle driver in a largely retirement community, my default channel is SPA for background ambience.

My wife bought a 2016 Kia Soul in almost mint condition. We noticed the satellite radio was active but didn't know why. The dealer doesn't turn the 3 month trial on for used cars. We were thinking maybe the previous owner didn't deactivate the subscription. Turns out we just happened on the free week or 2. We'll probably take the 3 month free trial and see where we go from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast