Thread: Entercom, Florida Panthers Extend Broadcast Partnership

Entercom, Florida Panthers Extend Broadcast Partnership

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bi...line_id=n36932

Entercom has announced a broadcast deal with the Florida Panthers for their South Florida Outlet WQAM.

Entercom and the Florida Panthers have reached a multi-year broadcast extension. As part of the agreement, WQAM-AM (560 WQAM Sports Radio) in Miami will remain the broadcast radio home of the team, airing all Panthers games through the end of the 2021-2022 season. WQAM will also feature weekly player player interviews, a coach's show with head coach Joel Quenneville, a weekly in-season "Panthers Insider" show, in-season "Panthers' Wednesdays," and additional ancillary coverage including a one-hour preseason special and a two-hour live NHL Draft broadcast.

Did they ever move?
    R-L still has them on Raw Sewage Road,
    or whatever it is called.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    Did they ever move?
    Sewage Plant rd. Guess they ran out of good road names in South Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    Did they ever move?
    According to the FCC website WQAM was licensed to broadcast from the WOCN site on 71st St. last October.

For some reason both the FCC and Radio-Locator still have WQAM on Virginia Key.

This could just be an oversight or some technicality that still has 'QAM at the old site.

The FCC website had 850 WDJA in West Palm at a site on Congress Ave. years after they became WFTL and moved out to the cane fields near U.S. 27.

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove View Post
    According to the FCC website WQAM was licensed to broadcast from the WOCN site on 71st St. last October.

For some reason both the FCC and Radio-Locator still have WQAM on Virginia Key.

This could just be an oversight or some technicality that still has 'QAM at the old site.
    I heard from a very reliable source that WQAM would broadcast from Virginia Key for as long as they absolutely could. I also heard they did some tests at the compromise multiplexed site on 71st Street. WQAM will share the tower not only WOCN but WKAT as well. Then engineers couldn't believe how well the WQAM signal did at this site. They were quite happy with it. Somehow it was the strongest signal of the 3.

The tower isn't exactly cut to length for 560 but it works well!
    Out of the money demo...all the way out!