opinion
    thoughts
    insights
    WAGs.

Why are you posting this?

What made you take the time?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!
    Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta! Spring Training Home of the Sa-ra-so-ta! Orioles. www.myteamsuspenders.com and tell us you read it here for free shipping of your favorite sports team.

Yes, we can read, but I would not have known to look for this article without the original poster alerting us. Maybe you read everything every day, but most of us have lives and appreciate when someone alerts us to an article of local interest.
    Larry
    Hudson, FL

Quote Originally Posted by kc1ih View Post
    Yes, we can read, but I would not have known to look for this article without the original poster alerting us. Maybe you read everything every day, but most of us have lives and appreciate when someone alerts us to an article of local interest.
    I don't read everything. But, just as it occurs on that .... other..... forum, I don't like it when people just "share", either - for the same reason.
    Tell us why it caught your attention. It doesn't have to be a looong drawn out boring thesis, just a couple of words. I find it difficult to join in a discussion when I can't read a person's mind.

In any event...
    It just so happens, I drove past WRXB and took a picture of the property with the realtor yard sign and I was going to call on him.

I'd be interested in knowing why he chose to diplex with WQBN. I had thought about a 620 diplex.

Where is RR when you need him...

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!
    Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta! Spring Training Home of the Sa-ra-so-ta! Orioles. www.myteamsuspenders.com and tell us you read it here for free shipping of your favorite sports team.

Quote Originally Posted by badjef View Post
    We can read...Inquiring minds want to know!
    My favorite question is always:
    "What would YOU do with the station?"
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    I had my thoughts and scenarios.
    I posted one of those.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

mostly St. Petersburg,FL (2nd listening post is extreme eastern Hernando county Florida)
    Quote Originally Posted by badjef View Post
    I had my thoughts and scenarios.
    I posted one of those.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!
    From the listener’s vantage, especially those who grew up with WRXB in St. Petersburg, if the re-location of it’s antenna from St. Petersburg to the Palm River area of Tampa will basically make this a Tampa station; with the existing tower and real estate, I don’t really think they would or could go directional to the south-west at night to be listenable in all of St. Petersburg and with the 96.5 translator located in Palmetto, that’s little help to even the southmost points of St. Pete, with the advent of the 96.5 LPFM in Ruskin.

From the broadcaster’s standpoint, I would hope that the group that bought the station is actually interested in radio and that this is not just another investment group, that is in for a quick profit.

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    I guess automated classic country is off the table now, with WWBA doing what they did.

Byron
    Don't go around acting like the world owes you a favor. It was here first.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I guess automated classic country is off the table now, with WWBA doing what they did.

Byron
    Why?
    Just because somebody picks up a format doesn't mean somebody else can't try it too. WWBA has not been in the format long enough to develop any following. Plus, there is now a void left from the format they dropped.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

There is always Punk Country
    (I wanna whip your cow)
    Do we all remember that one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast