• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jack Diamond Says Farewell

This guy is one of Washington's classiest. I was also a fan of Cerphe. But there were some great moments listening to Jack & Bert. So today Jack said farewell after 30 years at WRQX:

https://www.facebook.com/JackDiamondShow/videos/613069405858853/

I remember he was a short tome motif host on Chicago's WLS but I have never listened to him, but it is weird he would say farewell today then say on a Friday which is the end of the week for most weekday people, in less they do a shift or a show on the weekend.

I remember he was a short tome motif host on Chicago's WLS but I have never listened to him, but it is weird he would say farewell today then say on a Friday which is the end of the week for most weekday people, in less they do a shift or a show on the weekend.

Well, this is the first time he's acknowledged the sale on the air... if you watch the entire video, which is a segment from today's show, here's what he says:

- the show will continue beyond Friday (he does not offer any details on this)
- the station will spend Friday all day paying tribute to Q-107 and Mix
- He will come back on the air from 6 to 7 Friday night to close out the station (flip is apparently at 7PM)

...and he encourages people to listen the rest of the week for more.

Now granted, he spends probably half of the bit talking about how good his ratings are because he says that people will start rumors about him being beaten. But he's been there long enough to do a little victory lap, even if the station is being sold out from under him.

Nothing weird about this. If anything, he's doing PPM appointment setting. :D

I wonder if Cumulus will blow up WMAL-FM. Not sure that would be productive. It's one of the few successful news/talkers they have.

Or if there are other deals in the works.

As I said, I'm a fan...he can brag all day if he wants.

Well, this is the first time he's acknowledged the sale on the air... if you watch the entire video, which is a segment from today's show, here's what he says:

- He will come back on the air from 6 to 7 Friday night to close out the station (flip is apparently at 7PM)

I will check out the video if I choose to, either case Friday should be his last day, through only an hour slot is that even going to be worth the last farewell

I was not still on the computer and even when I tried listening online, I was having difficulty. Is this available for people to listen to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiu_GA81QQs

Now an aircheck of the WRQX flip to EMF has been released.
I enjoyed that. What I wasn't expecting on a Hot AC station was hearing a song I really liked, but the man said he didn't have to play something that was in the format. What were they going to do, fire him?

The legal station ID said it "is" a Cumulus station. For a few more seconds, maybe.

No bitterness. Classy, like someone said. But they are supposedly coming back, so it's all good.

I'm not clear on what happened when the change took place. Was WRQX finishing a song? When the logo changed on the screen there was already this unpleasant mess which could have been either Hot AC or Christian "music". All those stations were welcomed at the same time after the noise ended. That was nice of them.

Hmm. Is Mix 107.3 moving to a new frequency perhaps? I've heard that Mix has done fairly well in ratings..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom