• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Did something change at DirecTV?

MarcB

Walk of Fame Participant
Did something change at DirecTV? My Mom subscribes to a bare bones package that doesn't include any sports network except for the NFL Network, which was added after the 2018 Super Bowl. Now all of a sudden we're receiving the New York RSNs - YES Network, MSG, MSG+, and SNY - Sports Net New York, that we never got before. We never received any notification about a sneak preview.

What I know is the basic package for DirecTV changed last month. They dropped all the Viacom channels plus AMC. They've shifted a few things around. The addition of local sports sounds like something specific to your area, probably depending on if you receive local OTA channels via DirecTV. Also we know that the YES Network changed ownership.

What I know is the basic package for DirecTV changed last month. They dropped all the Viacom channels plus AMC. They've shifted a few things around. The addition of local sports sounds like something specific to your area, probably depending on if you receive local OTA channels via DirecTV. Also we know that the YES Network changed ownership.

you are thinking of DirecTV Now, their streaming service, all the Viacom and AMC owned channels are still on DTV's satellite TV lineup, in fact Viacom and AT&T reached a agreement while AMC could be the next dispute for AT&T for the DirecTV lineup.

Have yet Yankees regained control yet or is it still in the holding stage? The Sinclair Fox deal won't close until fall. That should have no issue either way as these contracts were renewed years before.

I believe the Yankees and Sinclair will both take control of their acquisitions on Oct. 1

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom