• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

wbz news anchor accidentally introduced a dead man

ex radio pimp

New Participating Member
Monday night at about 9.

News Anchor (Jim Something): And now here's traffic with Joe Stapelton.

Traffic reporter: That's high praise but I'm Steve Perez.

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

I don't believe they're in the same building. He's giving a blind verbal cue.

Quite possibly the error comes from a failure to remove a cue card/liner card or a lognote with the wrong name.

I know Steve and consider him to be a friend. He told me that it was due to a template error that nobody thought to change.

Years ago, I heard a host on a major station read the words "Announcer Tag" on the air, before the live ad tag copy he was supposed to read.

And newspapers over the years have amused and baffled readers with "44-pt hed goes here", "dummy text here," "xxxx xxxxx xxxxx" and similar filler copy and layout instructions making it into print. A newspaper I once worked for had an item one could drag onto the page from a library that would be inserted column and tell the reader that the story it was attached to was a "Film Review" or "Concert Review" or "Appreciation" of some deceased author. This graphical doodad had the word "Armpit" in it as filler text, because the doodad would be placed at the top of the second column of a 2 column story. Well, that WAS the filler text until a review of some classical music performance got into the paper labeled as an armpit. The library item's text was quickly changed to XxXxXxX.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom