• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Whats the story with "Free Talk Radio"?

Actually when I think of gypsies, I think of Hungary, but I think many people can come under this broad definition:

"a member of a traveling people traditionally living by itinerant trade and fortune telling."

Heck, there are 800,000 Romani in Brazil. The population is much more dispersed than just Hungary.

Heck, there are 800,000 Romani in Brazil. The population is much more dispersed than just Hungary.

Dispersed, of course. Traveling is what they do. But where did they originate? One people in one specific country or other geographical area or several peoples from several places who developed the lifestyle and culture independently?

Dispersed, of course. Traveling is what they do. But where did they originate? One people in one specific country or other geographical area or several peoples from several places who developed the lifestyle and culture independently?

There are some pretty good historical thumbnails of the Romani people in the Internet, and even the wiki article seems quite good at giving an overview.

Over a millennium ago, they apparently migrated from areas in India (thus the origin of their language) and move over various routes into southern and central Europe.

Sadly, they were as much a victim of the Holocaust as the Jews, being virtually eradicated from the German territories. Similarly, the Inquisitions of Spain and Portugal either killed or forced into exile many who were in Hispania.

Krazy K000nah is Canadian... His grandfather/parents migrated from Croatia during WWII, after being denied immigration to the United States. He talks often about his family's experience under the communists, and his family's experiences with "universal health care" in Canada. In these respects, I find his insight and commentary wonderful. I just wish he'd temper the low-brow / drama queen antics -- but I guess he has to play to his audience, which doesn't say much for their intellect.

What happened to Free Talk Live? Last nite RKO was broadcasting John Batchelor - I turned the radio on just after midnite and heard him. RKO schedule isn't updated for this week yet so FTL still appears on the schedule.

Are you sure that was RKO that you had on? Talk1200 has been carrying Batchelor after midnight lately.

Seriously?? Of course I'm sure. The radio in the bedroom is set to RKO. I got out of bed and turned the radio on in the kitchen which is tuned to Talk1200 and Batchelor was NOT on.......I don't remember the name of the program but it definitely was not Batchelor.......when I first turned on RKO I thought the program manager or someone screwed up that's why I got out of bed to check Talk1200. It took RKO four, count 'em FOUR weeks to straighten out their Saturday nite programming and after all was said and done, they still screwed up. They claimed they had "technical issues" so they couldn't record, download and air Gun Talk and Cigar Dave...this past Saturday nite they did air Gun Talk and instead of airing Cigar Dave's program from the 25th they aired the one from the week before (the 18th)... so.....when I heard Batchelor on RKO I just figured they screwed up recording/downloading and airing Free Talk Live so instead they put on Batchelor......someone screwed up because he wasn't on Talk1200 either, at least not after midnite.

OK, calm down. Just checking.
Wouldn't it have been easier to change the channel in the bedroom to check 1200 than to walk to the kitchen?

Calm down...LMAO....and to answer your question, if you really must know....NO it would not be easier to change the channel....I had to pee...and the kitchen is on the way......

Are they re-running old Batchelor shows?

I noticed that last night his voice sounded stronger, just like his old self prior to his illness. Hopefully he's doing well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom