• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NJ 101.5

Has anybody else noticed the downfall of NJ 101.5's late night product? I heard canned news reports at 2am that were done by afternoon anchor Joe Cutter this week. Time checks are pre-recorded and traffic/weather intros are now done by their voice guy after 11pm. Time checks were pretty accurate with the show replays (12:08 or 12:36 during Dennis & Judy was 12:08 and 12:36 when it replayed and so on) but I assume a change in spot inventory forced them to make the change.

Aren't they a "hub" that provides news to other Townsquare stations? It's a shame they can't afford anybody to keep the lights on overnight. I'm beginning to wonder how much of anything else is live outside of the weekdays. Some of their weekend jocks are from other NJ markets and must be voice tracked. Big Joe Henry sounds pretty live with current temps and proper intros. I'm sure they can do their time checks while voicetracked properly coming out of commercial blocks that are set in length, but the temperature is another thing.

If their evening anchor Matthew White wasn't busy being Trev's co-host, he could probably provide more current recorded updates than the afternoon anchor can. I'm just shocked that such a big station has cut back like that. I get out of work anywhere between 11pm and 3am and have noticed a huge difference in the past few months on my hour drive home. This is relatively minor but i'm sure the average overnight listener has noticed.

Well a friend of mine worked at NJ1015 for a while. She said they really don't have much money to throw around. They're great during the day, but during the night, most stations aren't live. It's just common sense to save as much cash as you can these days to afford to still sound good during the day, when far more people are listening.

That's why they haven't tried another late night show. Same ratings the replays would get. They have a very stable lineup with veterans for the most part, so I agree they should be investing further into them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom