• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Talk 1200 on HD FM??

It used to be on 94.5 HD2 but was replaced by The Breeze.When I get home I'll try my HD portable and will let you know if it's back on HD

No problem.Assuming only a local iHeart would put it on, I found
94.5 HD2 The Breeze
97.7 HD2 Silence...a signal and display but heard nothing.Maybe they'll put it there but who knows

100.7 HD 2 WRKO
101.7 HD2 Evolution EDM
107.9 WBZ Newsradio

And it was said one reason could be to prevent another company from using the Breeze name and format.
I don't know if necessarily these nicknames are copyrighted etc but in Pittsburgh when iHeart dumped conservative talk from their 104.7 to run country, they went with the nickname Big 104.7 rather than the Bull..because rival CBS at the time had a Bull on the HD3 of their country WDSY 107.9

Wiki:"WDSY-HD3 initially aired an all-new country format, branded as "The Bull." On July 19, 2017, WDSY-HD3 flipped to a 24/7 traffic and weather format powered by sister station 1020 KDKA "

Are kuhner's ratings over on RKO so bad that Talk1200 has to promote his show what seems like every 2 1/2 minutes??? It's been going on for two days...Talk1200 doesn't promote any other local RKO show.

As far as I know, it currently isn't.

I would think that with the limited signal of Talk 1200, iHeart would extend it's availability on of of the HD channels.

(Surprised they don't do that with Mia AM1430 as well! I'm sure the music would sound great on an FM HD Channel.)

I would think that with the limited signal of Talk 1200, iHeart would extend it's availability on of of the HD channels.

(Surprised they don't do that with Mia AM1430 as well! I'm sure the music would sound great on an FM HD Channel.)

Remember, 1430 AM is in a trust; any revenue derived from the operation does not belong to iHeart, per my understanding. So I'd suspect iHeart rightfully would not - maybe could not - give it a boost, as it were, on one of their HD subchannels. AM 1430 was at one time broadcasting in HD, and I don't know why it couldn't do so, whether in a trust or not.

AM 1430 was at one time broadcasting in HD, and I don't know why it couldn't do so, whether in a trust or not.

I've heard that there's a fee to Ibquity involved with broadcasting in HD. With the station in a trust, it may want to spend as little as possible.

I've heard that there's a fee to Ibquity involved with broadcasting in HD. With the station in a trust, it may want to spend as little as possible.

The fee is minimal. The real issue is that those AMs that originally started broadcasting in AM HD have nearly obsolete equipment which, in some cases, is no longer supported. When it fails, it is just turned off because nearly no AM today is adding HD,

Remember, 1430 AM is in a trust;

Wow! I forgot about that trust! Still, huh?

Wonder what is going to eventually happen to it.

(I don't imagine there are people crawling over each other for (basically) a daytime station** at 1430AM.)

**The night signal is horrid in Dorchester!

Remember, 1430 AM is in a trust; any revenue derived from the operation does not belong to iHeart, per my understanding. So I'd suspect iHeart rightfully would not - maybe could not - give it a boost, as it were, on one of their HD subchannels. AM 1430 was at one time broadcasting in HD, and I don't know why it couldn't do so, whether in a trust or not.

Any profit from the trust accrues to iHeart, just like the case when a politician puts their investments or businesses in a trust while they are in office.

iHeart can not influence the stations in the trust, which has to be independently managed, other than appointing the administrators of the trust.

For 1430 to be put on the HD of an iHeart station, the trust would have to lease the HD channel and pay money to iHeart directly.

(I don't imagine there are people crawling over each other for (basically) a daytime station** at 1430AM.)

**The night signal is horrid in Dorchester!

Whats the end game? What will happen to this station? Is it for sale?

Anyone have any insight waht is going to happen to this station? Does it stay in the trust until....when?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom