Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk 1200 on HD FM??

Talk 1200 on HD FM??

Is iHearts Talk1200 available on any FM HD channel?

It used to be on 94.5 HD2 but was replaced by The Breeze.When I get home I'll try my HD portable and will let you know if it's back on HD

Quote Originally Posted by Wimmmex View Post
    Is iHearts Talk1200 available on any FM HD channel?
    As far as I know, it currently isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post
    It used to be on 94.5 HD2 but was replaced by The Breeze.When I get home I'll try my HD portable and will let you know if it's back on HD
    Thanks Raccoon!

No problem.Assuming only a local iHeart would put it on, I found
    94.5 HD2 The Breeze
    97.7 HD2 Silence...a signal and display but heard nothing.Maybe they'll put it there but who knows

100.7 HD 2 WRKO
    101.7 HD2 Evolution EDM
    107.9 WBZ Newsradio

It was on 94.5 HD2 for a long time. The Breeze just replaced it a few months back.

And it was said one reason could be to prevent another company from using the Breeze name and format.
    I don't know if necessarily these nicknames are copyrighted etc but in Pittsburgh when iHeart dumped conservative talk from their 104.7 to run country, they went with the nickname Big 104.7 rather than the Bull..because rival CBS at the time had a Bull on the HD3 of their country WDSY 107.9

Wiki:"WDSY-HD3 initially aired an all-new country format, branded as "The Bull." On July 19, 2017, WDSY-HD3 flipped to a 24/7 traffic and weather format powered by sister station 1020 KDKA "

Are kuhner's ratings over on RKO so bad that Talk1200 has to promote his show what seems like every 2 1/2 minutes??? It's been going on for two days...Talk1200 doesn't promote any other local RKO show.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Polonsky View Post
    As far as I know, it currently isn't.
    I would think that with the limited signal of Talk 1200, iHeart would extend it's availability on of of the HD channels.

(Surprised they don't do that with Mia AM1430 as well! I'm sure the music would sound great on an FM HD Channel.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wimmmex View Post
    I would think that with the limited signal of Talk 1200, iHeart would extend it's availability on of of the HD channels.

(Surprised they don't do that with Mia AM1430 as well! I'm sure the music would sound great on an FM HD Channel.)
    Remember, 1430 AM is in a trust; any revenue derived from the operation does not belong to iHeart, per my understanding. So I'd suspect iHeart rightfully would not - maybe could not - give it a boost, as it were, on one of their HD subchannels. AM 1430 was at one time broadcasting in HD, and I don't know why it couldn't do so, whether in a trust or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast