Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movin again!

An AM in the top ten again, nice Mariners bump. Kiss up .3 pre Jared.

Shaking my head. What happened, Sound? 106.9 beat you by a half a share! Still doing great nevertheless, tied for 8th with The Wolf and The End.
    KISS FM also coming back up quite nicely. KUBE, Hot and STAR still at the bottom of the FM formats.
    KRWM-HD2 0.1 this month. Still KIXI simulcast? Or year-round Xmas music? You can listen to Seattle's 'Christmas Station' 24/7/365 online.
    782 AM's in the log, 657 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KUQU-93.9 Enoch UT, 5/20/19 Es
    Last New AM Log: 1570 WFRL Freeport IL, 3/3/19

Some have noticed that the NPR news stations in a few cities have lost a share or more. Seattle is one. Boston is another. Half a point in San Francisco. Steady in DC, but down a full point since January. Down a half in Houston. What's up?

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    Shaking my head. What happened, Sound? 106.9 beat you by a half a share! Still doing great nevertheless, tied for 8th with The Wolf and The End.
    A half a share is within the margin of error of the survey.

And, of course, that's in 12+ which is not used as a business and sales metric.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    KRWM-HD2 0.1 this month. Still KIXI simulcast? Or year-round Xmas music? You can listen to Seattle's 'Christmas Station' 24/7/365 online.
    A subscribed station... or member of a subscribed cluster... that gets one listener for one quarter hour credit (meaning just five minutes of a single 15-minute period) earns a station an automatic "atta boy" 0.1 share. So, as a consequence, any station with a 0.1 is likely getting that type of free ride.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

A subscribed station... or member of a subscribed cluster... that gets one listener for one quarter hour credit (meaning just five minutes of a single 15-minute period) earns a station an automatic "atta boy" 0.1 share. So, as a consequence, any station with a 0.1 is likely getting that type of free ride.
    'Get one listener, get another one for FREE!' 'Just for subscribing to Nielsen.'

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

I think you may have misunderstood the question. The way I interpreted the question was is 106.9 HD2 the KIXI simulcast or Christmas music? That I don't have an answer to.

For clarification. The 106.9 HD2 is Christmas Music. KIXI is on 106.9 HD3

Somebody must be feeling the holiday spirit in April....There are actually people just like that! They leave their homes decorated all year long, with Santas, reindeer and snowmen. And I think to myself - what is wrong with you? Bah humbug! Xmas music is only a late Nov/Dec thing to me, and the majority of Americans.
    782 AM's in the log, 657 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KUQU-93.9 Enoch UT, 5/20/19 Es
    Last New AM Log: 1570 WFRL Freeport IL, 3/3/19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast