• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WOON FM translator(s)

I just learned that WOON now runs an FM translator on 99.3, which has been on for about a year. Exactly how far does the signal go? I can't imagine it going that far, because of interference from both WPLM and WCRB. I also saw they even have a construction permit for another transmitter on 99.5. How is that supposed to work?

Here’s my update on the 95.5 translator for ON Radio.

I tuned in from work in Franklin off King Street. WCRB was coming in clearly.

As I continued on Washington Street, the ON Radio 95.5 translator was starting to fade in & out with WCRB. Right around Washington Street & Byron’s Way, the translator was listenable getting much stronger on Pulaski Blvd.

It remained strong through Woonsocket to Exit 1 on Route 146 N. Lost it completely by Exit 2 in Massachusetts heading NB on 146.

I just learned that WOON now runs an FM translator on 99.3, which has been on for about a year. Exactly how far does the signal go? I can't imagine it going that far, because of interference from both WPLM and WCRB. I also saw they even have a construction permit for another transmitter on 99.5. How is that supposed to work?

It's a CP to change frequency and increase power, not a second translator

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom