• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Radio Ratings April 2019.

Yes WBUR and WGBH (FM news, etc) do continue to slide as ratings show.
ROR: good move to go with 80s a few months ago...

@bostonradio tweet:
>>WEEI finished 10th overall in April....The Hub was 3rd overall....
Hub with Celts/B’s playoffs had 669k listeners. EEI had 521k with stumbling Sox. EEI typically brings in ~620k in April but Sox sucked this year.

--
Not sure about individual demos of the sports stations, just the general 12 plus.
WUMB-FM listed as Alternative (not Folk/Americana)
WBOS listed as alternative--they switched to classic rock (new generation of...) a few weeks back

=raccoonradio;6256800
WUMB-FM listed as Alternative (not Folk/Americana)

Has WUMB ever been listed with that label? "AAA" has been the label for a long time, I'm pretty sure. I notice WERS is now "Variety." Hasn't that station been "AAA" in previous books?

Tweet by @ironhead334:
"April Sportsradio Breakdowns (
@bostonradio
had overalls earlier):

AM Drive: Touch & Zoinks 9.1 (1st), Lifejacket & Mailman 5.7 (6th)
Middays: Clipboard & Nose Tackle 9.9 (3rd), Dull & Teeth 5.1 (4th)
PM Drive: Felcher & Mazzlibs 11.4 (1st), OMF on Life Support 4.3 (5th)"
(All nicknames by the twitter user)

Has WUMB ever been listed with that label? "AAA" has been the label for a long time, I'm pretty sure. I notice WERS is now "Variety." Hasn't that station been "AAA" in previous books?

It appears that Nielsen (or at least the radio-online site) had done away with the "AAA" format label some months ago, and began listing "AAA" stations along with "Alternative Rock" stations as just "Alternative". WUMB and WXRV used to be listed as "AAA" until a few months ago.

I don't know if WERS may have been aware of this, and perhaps could have requested "Variety" instead of "Alternative" since "AAA" is gone.

It appears that Nielsen (or at least the radio-online site) had done away with the "AAA" format label some months ago, and began listing "AAA" stations along with "Alternative Rock" stations as just "Alternative".

The sites that use Nielsen data do not get the format descriptors from the ratings company; they fill that in themselves.

The sites that use Nielsen data do not get the format descriptors from the ratings company; they fill that in themselves.

How do you explain stations like Chicago's WRME having format and ownership listed one month, then "N/A" for both the next, when nothing about the station has changed? That's the only example I know of in which the ownership of the station has suddenly become a mystery, but I've seen phony format flips to "N/A" several times when the formats of the stations in question haven't actually changed.

It does not appear the morning show change did WJMN any good.

WBOS didn't get any bounce out of the change from bland Alt to bland Classic Rock.

WBOS didn't get any bounce out of the change from bland Alt to bland Classic Rock.

How much of the month was WBOS classic rock? Is the station advertising on TV, billboards, internet, anywhere, or is it just depending on word of mouth from people who happen to find the "new" 92.9 while scanning aimlessly on the FM band?

The flip was only two of the four Thus-Wed weeks in the book. The 12+ doesn't show much. if you break it down and look at Men, ZLX is down slightly and BOS is WAY up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom