Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boston Radio Ratings April 2019.

Boston Radio Ratings April 2019.

https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb013

WROR #1 again.

FM News still in freefall mode.

Quote Originally Posted by freqlost View Post
    https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb013

WROR #1 again.

FM News still in freefall mode.
    Also noted: Red Sox' poor start gives EEI a little push, but Bruins and Celtics playoff runs appear to have been met by crickets at the Hub.

Yes WBUR and WGBH (FM news, etc) do continue to slide as ratings show.
    ROR: good move to go with 80s a few months ago...

@bostonradio tweet:
    >>WEEI finished 10th overall in April....The Hub was 3rd overall....
    Hub with Celts/B’s playoffs had 669k listeners. EEI had 521k with stumbling Sox. EEI typically brings in ~620k in April but Sox sucked this year.

--
    Not sure about individual demos of the sports stations, just the general 12 plus.
    WUMB-FM listed as Alternative (not Folk/Americana)
    WBOS listed as alternative--they switched to classic rock (new generation of...) a few weeks back

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post
    Not sure about individual demos of the sports stations, just the general 12 plus.
    Here's a link to some demo info:

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...l-ppm-analysis

=raccoonradio;6256800
    WUMB-FM listed as Alternative (not Folk/Americana)
    Has WUMB ever been listed with that label? "AAA" has been the label for a long time, I'm pretty sure. I notice WERS is now "Variety." Hasn't that station been "AAA" in previous books?

Tweet by @ironhead334:
    "April Sportsradio Breakdowns (
    @bostonradio
    had overalls earlier):

AM Drive: Touch & Zoinks 9.1 (1st), Lifejacket & Mailman 5.7 (6th)
    Middays: Clipboard & Nose Tackle 9.9 (3rd), Dull & Teeth 5.1 (4th)
    PM Drive: Felcher & Mazzlibs 11.4 (1st), OMF on Life Support 4.3 (5th)"
    (All nicknames by the twitter user)

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Has WUMB ever been listed with that label? "AAA" has been the label for a long time, I'm pretty sure. I notice WERS is now "Variety." Hasn't that station been "AAA" in previous books?
    It appears that Nielsen (or at least the radio-online site) had done away with the "AAA" format label some months ago, and began listing "AAA" stations along with "Alternative Rock" stations as just "Alternative". WUMB and WXRV used to be listed as "AAA" until a few months ago.

I don't know if WERS may have been aware of this, and perhaps could have requested "Variety" instead of "Alternative" since "AAA" is gone.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli Polonsky View Post
    It appears that Nielsen (or at least the radio-online site) had done away with the "AAA" format label some months ago, and began listing "AAA" stations along with "Alternative Rock" stations as just "Alternative".
    The sites that use Nielsen data do not get the format descriptors from the ratings company; they fill that in themselves.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

The sites that use Nielsen data do not get the format descriptors from the ratings company; they fill that in themselves.
    How do you explain stations like Chicago's WRME having format and ownership listed one month, then "N/A" for both the next, when nothing about the station has changed? That's the only example I know of in which the ownership of the station has suddenly become a mystery, but I've seen phony format flips to "N/A" several times when the formats of the stations in question haven't actually changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

I don't understand why they list WBZ-FM as "Sports" but list WEEI-FM (and affiliates) as "All Sports". What's the difference?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast