• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

April ratings are here

Latest numbers for April: https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb033

Usual suspects at the top.

The Bull still ahead of 93Q. Entercom's format tweaks have paid off.

KSBJ up a bit. Wonder if the new transmitter site is helping?

Still amazed at how well Country Legends does as a rimshot. Guess there are more than a few of DE's "malcontents." Yeah, it skews very old. But note the streaming number.

Both AM SportsTalkers up a bit.

Air1 has sunk a bit. Do people prefer the KSBJ music mix over P&W?

Not sure I've ever seen the KIKK tribute station on KILT-FM HD-3 show up in the ratings before. The Praise format also has a pulse on KMJQ HD-2.

And we can't let a month go by without checking on our favorite dumpster fire, KROI: Still burning as it sinks further into the zeroes. Alfred, when's that sale happening?

Latest numbers for April: https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb033

Still amazed at how well Country Legends does as a rimshot. Guess there are more than a few of DE's "malcontents." Yeah, it skews very old. But note the streaming number.

Not sure I've ever seen the KIKK tribute station on KILT-FM HD-3 show up in the ratings before. The Praise format also has a pulse on KMJQ HD-2.

And we can't let a month go by without checking on our favorite dumpster fire, KROI: Still burning as it sinks further into the zeroes. Alfred, when's that sale happening?

Entercom is doing a lot of tweaks for the better, it seems. KILT's HD3 is getting way better... the playlist is actually being regularly updated, and the on-air presence sounds decent considering it's probably just a spare computer in a closet running WideOrbit. With KVST's recent tweaks, KILT-HD3 has been my go-to for country music lately. Now if only they'd crank the bitrate up so it's not full of artifacts, or put the HD3 on an xlator...

Link does not work please fix thx

Air1 had their annual pledge drive recently - that would account for the drop in numbers. I suspect you'll see KHJK pick back up for May.

Air1 had their annual pledge drive recently - that would account for the drop in numbers. I suspect you'll see KHJK pick back up for May.

I'm pretty sure the drop had something to do with the all worship format. It was a 180 degree change from what Air1 had been doing, which was skewing toward the younger end of Contemporary Christian.

Going from being the TobyMac and Skillet station to the all Hillsong Worship all the time station overnight had to be pretty jarring to Air1 P1s. I can't imagine that many of them stuck around.

KBXX has not been in top 5 for 3 years now at min they need to tweak the format and play nothing newer than 2002 or maybe it is time for a totally different format.

KBXX has not been in top 5 for 3 years now at min they need to tweak the format and play nothing newer than 2002 or maybe it is time for a totally different format.

KBXX is first in 18-34 and 3rd in 18-49. It's tied for 6th in billing, having a very strong 1.1 power ratio.

It's hard to imagine that the station could do any better, particularly as it is beating a direct competitor which is also doing quite well.

The most accurate line in the ratings?

KFNC-FM-HD2 N/A N/A N/A

Of course KFNC-FM-HD2 doesn’t exist.

It is still there an functional

They used to broadcast in HD before they were sold to GOW. Whether the equipment is still there is another story.

It did exist for a short while. We turned it on when we got 94.1 on. It doesn't do very well even under the best conditions. It also takes away a bit of penetration from the main carrier. I wish it was worth running, but it's not.

It did exist for a short while. We turned it on when we got 94.1 on. It doesn't do very well even under the best conditions. It also takes away a bit of penetration from the main carrier. I wish it was worth running, but it's not.

When you say “short while”, you must mean minutes or maybe an hour. Never saw HD show up on my radio and I listened daily to 97.5 during the 94.1 experiment.

When you say “short while”, you must mean minutes or maybe an hour. Never saw HD show up on my radio and I listened daily to 97.5 during the 94.1 experiment.

I never heard any HD on KFNC during the entire run of SportsMap 94.1. However no problems locking in HD on KTJM and KQQK, which are also eastern rimshots.

I never heard any HD on KFNC during the entire run of SportsMap 94.1. However no problems locking in HD on KTJM and KQQK, which are also eastern rimshots.
Those rimshots are positioned at a slightly better angle. Their signal dissipates more evenly across the entire metro. KFNC on the other hand broadcasts directly from the east. So while it may put an excellent signal across Galveston county, it has an inferior signal in the massive northwest 1960 corridor.

I always wondered why GOW didn't go for 103.7 instead of 97.5? IIRC, there was a couple of hundred thousand dollar difference in price (I believe 103.7 sold for less as well).

Those rimshots are positioned at a slightly better angle. Their signal dissipates more evenly across the entire metro. KFNC on the other hand broadcasts directly from the east. So while it may put an excellent signal across Galveston county, it has an inferior signal in the massive northwest 1960 corridor.

I always wondered why GOW didn't go for 103.7 instead of 97.5? IIRC, there was a couple of hundred thousand dollar difference in price (I believe 103.7 sold for less as well).

The signals for both stations are equally bad.

IIRC, the 103.7 signal went for a few million more to EMF. KHJK sold for around $7M and KFNC for around $5M. Gow was apparently the only bidder for KFNC, unless Cumulus offered a pittance for it.

The signals for both stations are equally bad.
I disagree. KFNC is exceptionally bad. It is the worst commercial fm rimshot in the market. The booster isn't helping matters west of downtown.

As far as the price, I think KHJK went for exactly 5 Million while KFNC went for a bit more. But of course that is from memory, so you could be right.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom