Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April ratings are here

April ratings are here

Latest numbers for April: https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb033

Usual suspects at the top.

The Bull still ahead of 93Q. Entercom's format tweaks have paid off.

KSBJ up a bit. Wonder if the new transmitter site is helping?

Still amazed at how well Country Legends does as a rimshot. Guess there are more than a few of DE's "malcontents." Yeah, it skews very old. But note the streaming number.

Both AM SportsTalkers up a bit.

Air1 has sunk a bit. Do people prefer the KSBJ music mix over P&W?

Not sure I've ever seen the KIKK tribute station on KILT-FM HD-3 show up in the ratings before. The Praise format also has a pulse on KMJQ HD-2.

And we can't let a month go by without checking on our favorite dumpster fire, KROI: Still burning as it sinks further into the zeroes. Alfred, when's that sale happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post
    Latest numbers for April: https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb033

Still amazed at how well Country Legends does as a rimshot. Guess there are more than a few of DE's "malcontents." Yeah, it skews very old. But note the streaming number.

Not sure I've ever seen the KIKK tribute station on KILT-FM HD-3 show up in the ratings before. The Praise format also has a pulse on KMJQ HD-2.

And we can't let a month go by without checking on our favorite dumpster fire, KROI: Still burning as it sinks further into the zeroes. Alfred, when's that sale happening?
    Entercom is doing a lot of tweaks for the better, it seems. KILT's HD3 is getting way better... the playlist is actually being regularly updated, and the on-air presence sounds decent considering it's probably just a spare computer in a closet running WideOrbit. With KVST's recent tweaks, KILT-HD3 has been my go-to for country music lately. Now if only they'd crank the bitrate up so it's not full of artifacts, or put the HD3 on an xlator...

Link does not work please fix thx
    Phat Beats Radio playing the best Rap Hiphop R&B Soul Funk from the 1970s to early 2000s http://phatbeatsradio.com

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DJboutit3 View Post
    Link does not work please fix thx
    It works now. Radio Online had a connectivity issue earlier today.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Air1 had their annual pledge drive recently - that would account for the drop in numbers. I suspect you'll see KHJK pick back up for May.
    RFB

Quote Originally Posted by rfburns View Post
    Air1 had their annual pledge drive recently - that would account for the drop in numbers. I suspect you'll see KHJK pick back up for May.
    I'm pretty sure the drop had something to do with the all worship format. It was a 180 degree change from what Air1 had been doing, which was skewing toward the younger end of Contemporary Christian.

Going from being the TobyMac and Skillet station to the all Hillsong Worship all the time station overnight had to be pretty jarring to Air1 P1s. I can't imagine that many of them stuck around.

So two of the metered participants got an HD radio last month?

KBXX has not been in top 5 for 3 years now at min they need to tweak the format and play nothing newer than 2002 or maybe it is time for a totally different format.
    Phat Beats Radio playing the best Rap Hiphop R&B Soul Funk from the 1970s to early 2000s http://phatbeatsradio.com

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DJboutit3 View Post
    KBXX has not been in top 5 for 3 years now at min they need to tweak the format and play nothing newer than 2002 or maybe it is time for a totally different format.
    KBXX is first in 18-34 and 3rd in 18-49. It's tied for 6th in billing, having a very strong 1.1 power ratio.

It's hard to imagine that the station could do any better, particularly as it is beating a direct competitor which is also doing quite well.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

The most accurate line in the ratings?

KFNC-FM-HD2 N/A N/A N/A

Of course KFNC-FM-HD2 doesn’t exist.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast