Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April Ratings

April Ratings

They're out... and there's actual movement!

WMGK alone at #1! They've had some strong books recently. Any tweaks they've done to push themselves to the #1 spot?

WOGL and WMMR down somewhat significantly.

WXTU with their best month in a while.

WRFF with their best month in a while too.

Looks like WISX plateaued.

WIOQ and WTDY still even in the 6+ numbers.

K-Love with a very sizeable jump.

WBEN and WHYY slipping to recent lows.

WPPZ showing signs of life with a new format on the limited signal.

This book just seems a little hard to swallow. Too many swings--some quite large--with no explanation I can come up with. I feel like somethin ain't right.
    It ain't no country club either.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post
    This book just seems a little hard to swallow. Too many swings--some quite large--with no explanation I can come up with. I feel like somethin ain't right.
    Nearly all the changes are well within the ranges for all the stations save one or two that may be wobbles or actual changes. An example of a wobble might be the K-love station which had a high peak. But the rest all seem normal.

And keep in mind that agencies use multi-month rolling averages to buy so any statistical wobble gets flattened out.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

WOGL significantly down since February's first place showing to a 6.0... Wonder why? Easy...You change the format and presentation, reduce the playlist, eliminate the late 60's and most of the 70's and purge the weekend and holiday countdowns and bingo. You can hear the 80's on Jack type formats. WOGL doesn't need to saturate them with that kind of music. I used to listen to them, no longer. Many others in Philadelphia feel the same. K-Earth did the same around 1989. AM radio and small market stations are the way to go now. Best playlists around. Thankfully Denver has 3 AM's that satisfy my music tastes. 810, 1430 and 1510 and they rival my own collection, they're that good!
    Last edited by oldies76; 05-13-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    Celebrating 64 Years of Rock & Roll Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by oldies76 View Post
    WOGL significantly down since February's first place showing to a 6.0... Wonder why? Easy...You change the format and presentation, reduce the playlist, eliminate the late 60's and most of the 70's and purge the weekend and holiday countdowns and bingo.
    All those changes happened two years ago. If they had the impact you say, it would have shown up sooner, and remained lower. That's not what we see.

Even with a 70s soft rock station in town, WOGL maintains its spot in the Top 5. Why should WOGL play 70s when you can hear them on The Breeze?

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    WOGL significantly down since February's first place showing to a 6.0... Wonder why? Easy...You change the format and presentation, reduce the playlist, eliminate the late 60's and most of the 70's and purge the weekend and holiday countdowns and bingo. You can hear the 80's on Jack type formats. WOGL doesn't need to saturate them with that kind of music. I used to listen to them, no longer. Many others in Philadelphia feel the same. K-Earth did the same around 1989. AM radio and small market stations are the way to go now. Best playlists around. Thankfully Denver has 3 AM's that satisfy my music tastes. 810, 1430 and 1510 and they rival my own collection, they're that good!
    Yet in 25-54, WOGL is quite stable in its audience. The major difference is that it appears that The Breeze, while not hitting it out of the park, has taken a share or so off of several stations, including WOGL and WBEB. That is not to say that WOGL is bad... it is just a change in usage by folks who may listen to all three at times.

1430, 1510 and 810 combined have a 0.1 share in Denver in 25-54. They have a 0.6 in 12+, so what we can see is that very few people in that market share your desire to hear a deep list of "60's and their neighbors" oldies.
    Last edited by DavidEduardo; 05-13-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Betw Hazleton and Pottsville PA ; Allentown closest market
    KYW plus NYC's WINS and WCBS seem to be in the same AM news slumps in recent books. Can anyone theorize why ?

This again? WOGL is doing quite well for itself in the sales demo. This advocacy of freezing in time isn’t realistic.

I never knew there were so many Christian music lovers in Philadelphia.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast