• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is the My Pillow gravy train coming to a stop?

News that the ubiquitous radio advertiser My Pillow is laying off 150 employees as its owner Mike Lindell is redeploying his efforts to launch a new company selling products from inventors and entrepreneurs. Perhaps indicative of My Pillow’s slowdown, a recent radio commercial offered a discount well below the regular 50% discount, likely trying to liquidate inventory. Perhaps, the My Pillow advertising gravy train is finally coming to a stop.

News that the ubiquitous radio advertiser My Pillow is laying off 150 employees as its owner Mike Lindell is redeploying his efforts to launch a new company selling products from inventors and entrepreneurs. Perhaps indicative of My Pillow’s slowdown, a recent radio commercial offered a discount well below the regular 50% discount, likely trying to liquidate inventory. Perhaps, the My Pillow advertising gravy train is finally coming to a stop.

I suspect he priced them too high and perhaps waited too long before offering them discounted. I saw these in Kohl's awhile back and had sticker shock. I bet that happened to allot of people who saw the advertising and then had sticker shock after seeing them in stores. The high price probably stuck with people and they did not give him a second chance despite the discounts.

I’m sensing a sizable decline in MP commercials, both on radio as well as TV, and they are deeply discounting already discounted prices.

I suspect he priced them too high and perhaps waited too long before offering them discounted. I saw these in Kohl's awhile back and had sticker shock. I bet that happened to allot of people who saw the advertising and then had sticker shock after seeing them in stores. The high price probably stuck with people and they did not give him a second chance despite the discounts.

The ones in the stores are just the "basic" pillow. The ones online/infomercial/commercials are customizable. As a bigger guy the store ones woujldnt work for me. I need the premium one that has more filling in it

I have two of them. LOVE them!

I’m sensing a sizable decline in MP commercials, both on radio as well as TV, and they are deeply discounting already discounted prices.

MyPillow's prices have always been "discounted" and that is the source of their Better Business Bureau rating issue: if you always discount, then there is no such thing as a "regular" price.

What you sense as a decline in MP advertising is really a two-part marketing situation.

First, it appears that they are reducing or dropping some media options and using others to reach new consumers. In other words, expanding the "reach" of the campaigns.

Second, the company is focusing on new products, including bed toppers and sheets.

Joe Piscopo excitedly announced the lowest price ever for a My Pillow exclusively offered by owner Mike Lindell only to Piscopo listeners—Later the same morning, Mark Simone on WOR read a MY Pillow commercial with the same price that is offered “exclusively” by Piscopo—So much for Salem’s Christian values.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom