Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ONE CLASS ACT!!!!!!!

ONE CLASS ACT!!!!!!!

CBS Evening News Anchor and Buffalo, N.Y. native, Jeff Glor, signed off this evening
    telling viewers that Nora O'donnell will soon be anchoring the CBS Evening News
    from Washington, D.C. Jeff chose to recognize and honor all his colleagues at CBS
    rather than himself. Over time, Jeff has proven himself to be a valuable
    "team" player at CBS, moving around as needed. Jeff's family, those in Western
    New York and fans around the world are proud of him and his accomplishments.
    The final scene on the CBS Evening News was of Buffalo, N.Y., Jeff's hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by Prescott Joe View Post
    CBS Evening News Anchor and Buffalo, N.Y. native, Jeff Glor, signed off this evening
    telling viewers that Nora O'donnell will soon be anchoring the CBS Evening News
    from Washington, D.C. Jeff chose to recognize and honor all his colleagues at CBS
    rather than himself. Over time, Jeff has proven himself to be a valuable
    "team" player at CBS, moving around as needed. Jeff's family, those in Western
    New York and fans around the world are proud of him and his accomplishments.
    The final scene on the CBS Evening News was of Buffalo, N.Y., Jeff's hometown.
    Yeah I saw that tonight. I agree, classy way to leave. It isn't clear to me that this was his last newscast. Anyone know?

He is smart to stay above the fray and consider his options.

Last I heard, plans were for him to stay with CBS, but they are working on in what capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by seatownmedia View Post
    Yeah I saw that tonight. I agree, classy way to leave. It isn't clear to me that this was his last newscast. Anyone know?

He is smart to stay above the fray and consider his options.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8oldies View Post
    Last I heard, plans were for him to stay with CBS, but they are working on in what capacity.
    Unfortunately CBS doesn't have a cable news outlet and CBSN is pretty low budget. He could go back to weekends, he could enlarge his radio presence (he did one newscast on CBS News Radio), and he might do some feature reporting for the other shows. They could try to launch a new weekly news show as NBC tried to do with Brian Williams, but that usually doesn't work. They have to figure out what to do with the NY operation now that the evening news is moving to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Unfortunately CBS doesn't have a cable news outlet and CBSN is pretty low budget. He could go back to weekends, he could enlarge his radio presence (he did one newscast on CBS News Radio), and he might do some feature reporting for the other shows. They could try to launch a new weekly news show as NBC tried to do with Brian Williams, but that usually doesn't work. They have to figure out what to do with the NY operation now that the evening news is moving to DC.
    What is the reason to move news to DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Don CT View Post
    What is the reason to move news to DC?
    The head of CBS News thinks DC will be ground zero for news:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ngs-up-1208317

They're just moving the Evening News to DC, and she says they will retain the NY staffing.

My view is it will make it a more disjointed show. It usually helps having everyone in the same place.

Then again, when you watch the cable news channels, they seamlessly move from NY to DC all the time.

The head of CBS News thinks DC will be ground zero for news:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ngs-up-1208317

They're just moving the Evening News to DC, and she says they will retain the NY staffing.

My view is it will make it a more disjointed show. It usually helps having everyone in the same place.

Then again, when you watch the cable news channels, they seamlessly move from NY to DC all the time.
    How big is the DC bureau, can they move the whole evening news staff to DC? Seems pointless to still staff a full NY headquarters while also fully staffing DC. These seem to be the beginning of rough travel for CBS News.

How big is the DC bureau, can they move the whole evening news staff to DC?
    Did you read the article I linked? She says she's not moving the whole staff to DC.

The DC bureau right now is operating in temp space, as their headquarters in DC was just demolished.

Did you read the article I linked? She says she's not moving the whole staff to DC.

The DC bureau right now is operating in temp space, as their headquarters in DC was just demolished.
    Why not move the whole evening news staff? Seems way to disjointed to keep half in NY and half in DC.

Why not move the whole evening news staff? Seems way to disjointed to keep half in NY and half in DC.
    I'm going to guess that CBS sees a major news opportunity in the upcoming presidential race next year and wants a staff as close as possible to it. We have a reactionary president in office now and he is a newsmaker (even though his credibility is shot).

NY is primarily economic news generating and will probably be easier to report by a remote staff.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast