Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WDRC (AM) relaunches as Trump 103.3 FM

103.3 is dead here in Wallingford.Unless somebody has their Ipod hooked to a tunable Belkin FM modulator tuned to 103.3 in the Walmart parkinglot. In the meantime its sad to see the AM's clutter up the FM dial with translators.Dont mind if they have their own formatted low power stations.More choices to tune in. Forget DXing anymore on open freqs with the new FM trans station clutter ...

Too bad WQUN missed the boat with a translator.They had a great format.

Quote Originally Posted by WPPCProductions View Post
    103.3 is dead here in Wallingford.Unless somebody has their Ipod hooked to a tunable Belkin FM modulator tuned to 103.3 in the Walmart parkinglot. In the meantime its sad to see the AM's clutter up the FM dial with translators.Dont mind if they have their own formatted low power stations.More choices to tune in. Forget DXing anymore on open freqs with the new FM trans station clutter ...
    The translator only seems to go out a few miles. I have a hard time picking it up in Newington. (Which is funny they have a big billboard on the Berlin Turnpike and you can't even get the signal there.
    Scott Greczkowski<br />-- SatelliteGuys.US<br />-- MultiChannel News

scottg wrote
    >The translator only seems to go out a few miles. I have a hard time picking it up in Newington.

Must be a directional signal north. I picked up 103.3 loud and clear in Enfield a few weeks ago. Going back home on I-84 west from Hartford, I lost it quite a few miles before I got to Southington.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1820 View Post
    scottg wrote
    >The translator only seems to go out a few miles. I have a hard time picking it up in Newington.

Must be a directional signal north. I picked up 103.3 loud and clear in Enfield a few weeks ago. Going back home on I-84 west from Hartford, I lost it quite a few miles before I got to Southington.
    What would it be protecting to the south? Second-adjacent WDRC-FM?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1820 View Post
    There is a deep null to the northwest and a lesser one to the southeast.
    Plugged into the electric radio

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    The translator only seems to go out a few miles. I have a hard time picking it up in Newington. (Which is funny they have a big billboard on the Berlin Turnpike and you can't even get the signal there.
    OK. Its nothing more then a flea power setup.Equiv to a Talking House transmitter or those xmitter kits all over the internet.PTS,Ramsey.Veronica ETC........

The next time I'm up in the area .I'll tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by WPPCProductions View Post
    OK. Its nothing more then a flea power setup.Equiv to a Talking House transmitter or those xmitter kits all over the internet.PTS,Ramsey.Veronica ETC........

The next time I'm up in the area .I'll tune in.
    UH no.. those talking house type things are 100 milliwatts.. this watts and a bit directional

big difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123