Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WDRC (AM) relaunches as Trump 103.3 FM

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Had they ever applied for one? If not, ’TIC is SOL now.
    We're not talking about poor little WNTY trying to push a usable signal into Meriden here.

A 50 kilowatt AM doesn't need a pipsqueak translator anywhere in its large primary coverage area, even with the current AM noise floor, and having one for WTIC wouldn't help Entercom solve the big problem going forward -- an aging audience growing increasingly unappealing to advertisers, whether they're listening on AM or FM, and a population in the advertiser-desirable demographics that's increasingly uninterested in news or politics.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    I am surprised WTIC 1080 does not have a translator yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Had they ever applied for one? If not, ’TIC is SOL now.
    Apparently my simple rejoinder wasn’t quite simple enough. To rephrase: It is too late for WTIC 1080 to apply for a translator—irrespective of any dubious benefit.
    Plugged into the electric radio

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    We're not talking about poor little WNTY trying to push a usable signal into Meriden here.

A 50 kilowatt AM doesn't need a pipsqueak translator anywhere in its large primary coverage area, even with the current AM noise floor, and having one for WTIC wouldn't help Entercom solve the big problem going forward -- an aging audience growing increasingly unappealing to advertisers, whether they're listening on AM or FM, and a population in the advertiser-desirable demographics that's increasingly uninterested in news or politics.
    I remember when I was in school turning to 1080 to hear school closings. Long before the TV Stations starting scrolling the listing you would listen to them read the long lists to hope to hear your towns name. There was more suspense in it back then.

Even Rush Limbaugh wasn't quite as unhinged back then either. Sure the Clinton scandal was a big deal but he hadn't yet gone off the crazy train and listening to him was somewhat entertaining. WTIC now taking this hard shift to the right during the day just seems to have thrown away what ever legacy they had.

I dont recall what programming 960 WELI carries at the moment but I'm surprised they did not get on the FM translator bandwagon.Or they are planning too...My late dad had the station on all the time at his house for years.

I only see WELI-AM listed as 5,000 watts day and night. Transmitter is off of Benham Street in Hamden, a.k.a. Radio Towers Park. Co-located with WAVZ-AM 1300 and WKCI-FM 101.3.

WELI has a CP for 96.9

Quote Originally Posted by LouG View Post
    WELI has a CP for 96.9
    Thanks Lou.

WDRC-AM 1360 now has a billboard on the Berlin Turnpike (US 5/CT 15), close to the Olympia Diner and next to the future O'Reilly Auto Parts. It shows Michael Savage. The odd part? It's pushing the 103.3 FM translator ahead of 1360 AM. I doubt few, if any, people would even get that translator, heading south into Berlin.

Quote Originally Posted by KML-224 View Post
    WDRC-AM 1360 now has a billboard on the Berlin Turnpike (US 5/CT 15), close to the Olympia Diner and next to the future O'Reilly Auto Parts. It shows Michael Savage. The odd part? It's pushing the 103.3 FM translator ahead of 1360 AM. I doubt few, if any, people would even get that translator, heading south into Berlin.
    Speaking of advertising where you can't pick up the station, their sister station "KOOL Radio" runs these liners "Requests coming in from Kensington". I was at the new Amtrak station which is in Kensington and I couldn't pick up "Kool Radio" on 96.1 or 990.
    Brammy

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mpbramhall82

My Retail Message Board: http://amesfanclub.com/forum/index.php

My Writing Portfolio: https://www.Writing.Com/authors/slydogg

Tune into The Freestyle Lives Show hosted by Richie Rich Sunday Nights 6PM-8PM (Eastern) on La Mega 101.7 (910) in Hartford, La Mega 94.9 (890) in Boston, and La Mega 95.1 (1400) in Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
    Speaking of advertising where you can't pick up the station, their sister station "KOOL Radio" runs these liners "Requests coming in from Kensington". I was at the new Amtrak station which is in Kensington and I couldn't pick up "Kool Radio" on 96.1 or 990.
    Strange dead spot. I have no problem with either frequency along the Berlin Turnpike or Chamberlain Highway. In fact, I get KOOL on AM and FM all the way down to Wallingford. Try attaching an antenna to your radio!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast