Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KYW gets the WCBS treatment

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamJSimpson View Post
    It’s really not the same as changing the Action News theme (two decades ago).
    The single car horn jingle was nice for a while, but it needed a tweaking. The new traffic sounder sounds like the horns (all in unison) of a whole fleet of 18 wheelers preparing to roll again after the light at [name your "favorite" Roosevelt Blvd. intersection here] turns green.

ixnay

Before
    * Traffic and Transit on the 2's
    * Sports at :15 and :45

Now
    * Traffic and Weather on the 2's
    * Sports at :8 at :38 (since January 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GEDA1990 View Post
    Now
    * Traffic and Weather on the 2's
    * Sports at :8 at :38 (since January 2019)
    Putting content at the quarter hour point is not the best way to work in the PPM world.

I suspect somewhere in that, they have also adjusted where their commercial breaks fall.

Quote Originally Posted by ixnay View Post
    The single car horn jingle was nice for a while, but it needed a tweaking. The new traffic sounder sounds like the horns (all in unison) of a whole fleet of 18 wheelers preparing to roll again after the light at [name your "favorite" Roosevelt Blvd. intersection here] turns green.

ixnay
    Doesn't sound like horns to me, at least on the AM dial... haven't had a listen online yet (don't have an HD radio).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM2011 View Post
    Doesn't sound like horns to me, at least on the AM dial... haven't had a listen online yet (don't have an HD radio).
    Well, it does a better job IMO of saying "here comes a traffic report" than does WCBS-AM's current (and previous) traffic sounders.

OTOH WDEL's sounder does an even better job of saying "traffic", as does WEEU's (in an old timey way).

ixnay

Anyone else notice KYW's resurrection of their 1981-82(?) slogan, "You Never Needed Us More"?

ixnay

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234