• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPHT Update

Something about this thread leaves me feeling empty. As if something's missing...

Something about this thread leaves me feeling empty. As if something's missing...

Indeed.

Shapiro would make sense. Totally forgot that show was out there. Two local shows, all syndicated the rest of the way. At this point I’m a little surprised they even bother with the occasional local weekend show. Load up a few more paid programs and they’d be good to go.

Indeed.

Shapiro would make sense. Totally forgot that show was out there. Two local shows, all syndicated the rest of the way. At this point I’m a little surprised they even bother with the occasional local weekend show. Load up a few more paid programs and they’d be good to go.

Shapiro currently airs on the flamethrower of a signal that is WFYL. I'm sure he'd love clearance on the bigger WPHT stick.

Any word on what Shapiro's ratings have been like compared to whoever he replaced on many stations?

Mr Microphone in 1979 must have been on the edge of technology. I don't recall reliable consumer single-chip FM transmitters being available until around 1994.

Gotta disagree about the Honda Civic though. Always a great ride - my first Civic was indeed a 1979 model. I never tried tricking it out though. :)

Turn out the lights at noon and call it a day. Save a set of salaries.

Contrary to his opining,’Zeoli had to see the writing on the wall. Make the move or lose the gig.

Limbaugh needs an outlet here . Thankfully he has one .
As for Zeoli moving to mornings , this sucks . Big time . Guy is witty, smart and the whole crew are entertaining . He sounds ok with it , but with 2 young children , getting up at 330
will get old REAL soon. Besides his tsl’s in the afternoon were really high . Won’t be in the am . This station let Stigall go and now they move Zeoli. Don’t think Dawn is too crazy about it either for she too has a young family . They’re losing me . At least I have Levin at 6.

Choice A: Move to morning and have a job. Choice B: don't move to morning and be replaced when we move a syndicated show into the slot. I mean, it's a choice, but it's also kind of "not" a choice. Personally, I'd choose mornings in any case even with a family. While I'd miss the morning "goodbyes," I'd be there (most of the time) when they got home, and for dinner. Afternoon drive...not so much. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom