• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

USC Sports to move its broadcasts to KABC 790

Fox Sports and Skyview have an agreement to air USC Sports along with KABC-AM.

It doesn't mention is this is strictly audio. but I assume it is, since that's what SkyView does. The interesting part of this announcement is it doesn't mention iHeart, which has a distribution agreement with Fox Sports. So one might expect that any Fox Sports programming would be distributed by iHeart, and not Skyview. This marks the first time Fox Sports has offered radio play by play to stations.

It doesn't mention is this is strictly audio. but I assume it is, since that's what SkyView does. The interesting part of this announcement is it doesn't mention iHeart, which has a distribution agreement with Fox Sports. So one might expect that any Fox Sports programming would be distributed by iHeart, and not Skyview. This marks the first time Fox Sports has offered radio play by play to stations.

Apples and oranges.

USC Sports Properties, a division of Fox Sports College Properties, owns the multi-media rights for USC and the LA Coliseum. In addition to USC and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, FOX Sports College Properties holds the exclusive multi-media rights for Michigan State, Auburn, San Diego State, Georgetown, Villanova and the BIG EAST Conference.

Fox Sports Radio is owned by Premiere (iHeart) - it's a partnership, but essentially a brand licensing deal for Fox.

So it's not the first time that Fox Sports has offered radio play by play to stations. They've owned the rights to USC athletics since 2012, and they manage the networks of several other schools. The only thing that's happening here is Skyview got the contract to get the audio to the USC affiliates (which is what Skyview does).

Skyview has made a business out of providing distribution. If you want to sell the ads and produce the content and have someone else handle the NOC and distribution, you hire Skyview.

What a waste of money noone is gonna listen. Cumulus when r u gonna sell this epic fail of a station so someone can put something worth listenin to. Usc u made a horrific choice. A station that doesnt cover the whole city.

So it's not the first time that Fox Sports has offered radio play by play to stations. They've owned the rights to USC athletics since 2012, and they manage the networks of several other schools. The only thing that's happening here is Skyview got the contract to get the audio to the USC affiliates (which is what Skyview does).

Who handled distribution before? I've never seen any other college team offered to radio by Fox Sports. Unless they used another intermediary syndicator.

I saw the first USC game of the season against Fresno State last Saturday night on ESPN. Swann may be on to something because I bet the game looked better on KABC.

Just think, you'll have to wait until November for USC to decide to drop the coach on the tarmac following a loss in Tempe.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom