• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Take A Peake at change at KOOL

It would be nice if 1440 would play the old rotation of 50’s and 60’s oldies like before with those 3 Frank Sinatra songs mixed in while Oldies 92.7 / 93.3 HD-2 kept to the current 60’s and 70’s oldies format. I miss me some Edd Kookie Byrnes!

With the sale of Lumberyard 14~Forty, Mrs Gumpdusky lost her say in music decisions. Sorry Frank, but That's Life! And Edd Byrnes may have had smog in his noggin, but Mother Hubbard had other plans for the canal side Goldmine. The triple simulcast (92~Seven, 93~Three HD Too, and 14~Forty) allows Mom to monetize the format without sinking a lot of bucks into the operation. Now that's KOOL...err, Cool!

"Seventy-seven Sunset Strip! What's that? An address?" Keeps running through my head. ARRRGHH!!!!!

Can't help but wonder if KOOL's decision to challenge KEZ with All Xmas Music caused some of their listeners to bail and not come back. With so many stations offering similar music, the very last thing you should do is give listeners a reason for leaving. Going All Ho-Ho-Ho was not a KOOL idea!

Well said. Great point. :cool:

If I hadn't already ditched KOOL-FM years ago their Xmas music programming would certainly have done it. For me, Christmas music interspersed with a normal programming is tolerable but solid Xmas music.....NOOOOOOOOO!

Can't help but wonder if KOOL's decision to challenge KEZ with All Xmas Music caused some of their listeners to bail and not come back. With so many stations offering similar music, the very last thing you should do is give listeners a reason for leaving. Going All Ho-Ho-Ho was not a KOOL idea!

I wouldn't have expected the Christmas stunt to have killed them outside of the holiday book... but the collective blunders at KOOL over time rank up there with taking a two year old format finder study out of Pittsburgh (and two year old music test) to kill off a promising Magic 101 for a putrid Mix 101.

There is a lesson from 1990 (when Phoenix was the land of 5 AC stations) to apply here. If it takes more than a few words to explain the difference between you and 4 other stations on the dial, you're not that special. Find something that makes you special.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom