Thread: WFSB

WFSB

Hi all.I noticed in the past week that channel 3 dump the late night syndie shows ET 1:35 rerun and the show that follows which I think it was People TV for infomercials.

Are they having money problems there.

Also I notice they also do the same at the 7pm time slot like tonight 05/01 with infomercials.

Quote Originally Posted by WPPCProductions View Post
    Hi all.I noticed in the past week that channel 3 dump the late night syndie shows ET 1:35 rerun and the show that follows which I think it was People TV for infomercials.

Are they having money problems there.

Also I notice they also do the same at the 7pm time slot like tonight 05/01 with infomercials.
    Serious money problems at a station like WFSB? Doubtful. You'd see cutbacks in the news department and in locally originated programming if that were the case. Most likely, the infomercials in the time slots you mention were brought on by syndication contracts expiring and/or offers from infomercial producers to pay the station more than it was getting from ad sales in the wee-hours time slot, when hardly anyone watches TV anyway, and the local-access slot dominated by the competition's Jeopardy/Wheel of Fortune juggernaut that just isn't worth spending money to meaningfully program against. So why not make a little more money and to hell with the viewers, at least for a couple of hours.
    Last edited by CTListener; 05-01-2019 at 05:50 AM.

What was the point in replaying ET at 1:35 in the first place.

WFSB finally brought their graphics package widescreen. They were the last local to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by WPPCProductions View Post
    Listings and WFSB's website both have the usual IE/ET duo at the 7 PM hour tonight (same as WCBS New York). I have noticed that one or both will sometimes randomly air that "Operation Smile" infomercial in the 7:00 hour, though. WBZ and a few other CBS O&O's (including WCCO Minneapolis and KTVT Dallas) did it at least twice last year, pre-empting Wheel of Fortune. Usually, WCBS and/or WFSB air Operation Smile on Saturdays if anything, which pre-empts the hour-long weekend edition of ET.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelRob View Post
    Listings and WFSB's website both have the usual IE/ET duo at the 7 PM hour tonight (same as WCBS New York). I have noticed that one or both will sometimes randomly air that "Operation Smile" infomercial in the 7:00 hour, though. WBZ and a few other CBS O&O's (including WCCO Minneapolis and KTVT Dallas) did it at least twice last year, pre-empting Wheel of Fortune. Usually, WCBS and/or WFSB air Operation Smile on Saturdays if anything, which pre-empts the hour-long weekend edition of ET.
    Do they have special requirements on when to air the Operator Smile infomercial?

Quote Originally Posted by Don CT View Post
    What was the point in replaying ET at 1:35 in the first place.
    Got a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Serious money problems at a station like WFSB? Doubtful. You'd see cutbacks in the news department and in locally originated programming if that were the case. Most likely, the infomercials in the time slots you mention were brought on by syndication contracts expiring and/or offers from infomercial producers to pay the station more than it was getting from ad sales in the wee-hours time slot, when hardly anyone watches TV anyway, and the local-access slot dominated by the competition's Jeopardy/Wheel of Fortune juggernaut that just isn't worth spending money to meaningfully program against. So why not make a little more money and to hell with the viewers, at least for a couple of hours.
    Thanks for the info .I was wonder how it works .I forgot over the years. Agree .Most viewers are asleep except for nighthawks like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Don CT View Post
    Do they have special requirements on when to air the Operator Smile infomercial?
    Seems like they replay Operation Smile alot .Especially around the holidays. Ch3 also is replaying Hairclub and the Larry King infomercial alot late night like the other night.